97 GTS Wheel and Seat Questions

SA HEAT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought a '97 B/W GTS last weekend and ahave a couple of questions I can't find answers to in Search....

Is there a way to tell the difference between the stock cast and forged wheels both produced on the '97s?

Also, what is the best way to restore Viper seats? Are there replacement seat covers out there? The driver's seat has some wear and tear which needs some attention.....thanks!

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There was a company called Snake Hydes (in FL I beleive) that did interiors reasonably. I have some of their covers on my seats (on there when I bought the car). Not sure if they are still around but someone here might know. Here's a pic.

P9270294.JPG

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks 6666!

We do offer like-new seat leathers for only $225 for an ENTIRE SEAT Leather set !!!

97 wheels: The standard wheel was silver, all are cast. The optional polished wheels are about 50-50 cast and forged, obvious weld line as noted.

OP
OP
SA HEAT

SA HEAT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sweet! I have the polished ones and will look for the welds. I'm considering having them restored by the local "Wheels America" due to some minor curb/tire machine damage on the lips....they're not my favorite wheels in the world, but the car is 100% stock and original and I kind of like the thought of keeping it that way....for now anyway.

Thanks for the replies on the seats as well!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi