98 Hennessy Viper Venom 650

Diablo Joe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A quote from 12/01 with a list of mods---

I raced a 01 Porsche 996 turbo with a stage 3 upgrade.The owner said it had 580hp.I have a 98 GTS with [******] headers,exhaust,[******] carbon airbox,aluminum flywheel,T&D 1.7 rockerarms,3.45 rear end,and a B&M shifter.In first He jumped a half car length,after second 1.5 car lengths,after third 3 car lengths(third seemed to be his strongest gear).I backed off at 125-could not have caught him.The good news about this is that I just sent my car to Performance Motorsports for an early Christmas present.The mods will include-3in Random tech cats,65mm billet polished throttle bodies,Extrudehoned intake manifold,stage 2 BTR cylinder heads with upgraded pusrods,valves,and lifters,Crower cam with a Cloyes adjustable double roller timing chain,180 degree thermostat,Roe racing shocks with Delrin bushings,and BTR half shafts.There will be a rematch.
------------------------------------------------------------

Sounds like a must buy to me.

Joe

OrecaGTS-R/T

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry for the quality but I have this pic I found on my HD, I believe that this is the car your loooking at.... can't be too many White GTS Vipers with HRE rims about :laugh:

Rowan.

133GTS-16.jpg

OP
OP
I

Ianfl

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Many Thanks guys. I am now able to put the pieces of the puzzle together:)
It sounds like the car has been drag raced quite a lot!
Don't you love the value of the internet:)

OP
OP
I

Ianfl

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike99acr,
what was you opinion of the condition of the car?
Thanks

Larry Macedo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ian,

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns regarding the purchase of this car or any available upgrades. Thanks!

CoryMac

Enthusiast
Reaction score
TTbadbot, Was mark Rose or Rhodes a Dr by trade?
How do you like your Diablo compared to your GTS? Reliablilty, pose value...etc...

No, he's the guy that designed Kumba, Gwazi and Montu at Busch Gardens. I took an engineering camp at BG my junior year and he came in almost everyday.

Mike 99ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike99acr,
what was you opinion of the condition of the car?
Thanks

I thought it was very nice. Its kinda cool to have a color different than everyone else. It looked like it was in great conditon. If I remember it also had some MGW accessories. He ran 1.60 60fts I think and mid 11's getting off the throttle toward the end. He said it was breaking up. From what Scott says above at Elite it was a minor problem and fixed now. If you can get for $50,000 you won't go wrong. Like I said he personally said he put 40 something in it. I thought he said 45, it may have been 48, Its been awhile.

Good luck

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VinhyVegas