A/C question

Wild Bill

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well jumped in the Viper last Friday to go to a car show and the A/C was barely blowing any cold air :(

I may go up to wally world, buy one of their re-charge kits and try to charge the system myself.

Any tips? Shouldn't be to hard I would think. What pressures should I look for on the high and low side?

Thanks

Bill

Mccarlin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just had my system charged this morning at the dealer. Blows COLD now :) They said i was almost completely empty of freon.

5yr max care warranty, gotta love it.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine did the same on the way to the crab feast here, and that day was HOT. Not a great day to be without A/C. Guess I'll be making a trip to the local dodge dealer....nothing too Viper specific about the job, so no Viper tech required, right?

ETA....when I look in the little sight glass, what should I see?

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As I recall, if you are short or don't have refridgerant, you have to buy 2 medium sized cans to fill up the system. You run the car at operating temperature, then put on the AC system. You connect the tab of the hose of the can to the blue port (if I remember correctly) and depress the switch. Now here is the trick, the can should get COLD while you are handling it. It takes a while for the can to empty. Just keep going. You will see a foam of green/blue green liquid inside the site glass while the system is operating. If you don't see any liquid, you are low (or out). Costs maybe 25 bucks?

Wear gloves, can should get really cold, but you have to keep pumping it it. Get the blue can stuff with the pressure indicator on the hose. Easy to do.

ohiodoc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ok on 95 what system does it have and where can I get a kit to recharge it. Living in Vegas right now I need my AC lol. Any help would be great.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte