A Celebration Of Speed & Design

OP
OP
R

Rolstar

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's confirmed that our very own Adel Elsayed #02 from SCCA Speed World Challenge will be attending the track event. Adel is currently on tour and racing this weekend at Mid Ohio. Nows the time for all you speed freaks to get your game on and show off a bit. Don't know what car he is bringing since he has too many to drive.
Thanks Adel!!

valentine_viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Can we get a head count on who is going??

Pretty sure I will be there (with my wife). Planning on at least Sunday and Monday and hoping to be able to stay for Tuesday as well. Depends on work schedule.

See you guys there!

OP
OP
R

Rolstar

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I spoke with Joe Moore last night, the guy who is running the event. He said there are going to be some very interesting cars there. Seems like the car collectors are pulling their cars out of cobwebs and bringing them to the event. If you are a speed and car nut, your gonna like this event!!

OP
OP
R

Rolstar

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If anyone is interested stop by our tent area we will be doing some wine and cheese on Sunday during the concourse.

OP
OP
R

Rolstar

Enthusiast
Reaction score
8086left-1.jpg

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This looks like a terrific event! I just wish it wasn't over a holiday weekend. If I can, I'll try to find some time for a day trip over the weekend.

I just wish I had MORE FREE TIME!!! :evilmad:

OP
OP
R

Rolstar

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Event Schedule:

S at u rday/May 2 7 t h :
10:00am: R e g i s t rat i o n o p e n s i n t h e Pocon o M a n o r l o b by.
1 2 : 0 0 : Ar r ivals.
2:00: General a u tomotive tech session organized by J e r s e y Panteras
4:00-5:30: Wine & cheese par ty.
7:30: Saturday night marque dinners.
9:00-12midnite: Cl u b s tores & vendor booths open in the Pocono Manor Bal l room.

Sunday/May 28th:
10:00-3:00: Wor l d - C l a s s Concours at Pocono Manor Inn & Golf Resor t d r i v i n g range.
3:00-5:00: Tra c k tech inspec t i o n o n g rounds immediat e l y f o l l owing the Concours.
6:30-7:30: Coc k t a i l h o u r cour tes y o f Pocono Manor.
7:30pm: Banquet Awards Dinner (all marques) at t h e Pocono Manor. Movie shown o n t h e l i f e o f E n zo Fer r a r i .
9:00-12midnite: Cl u b s tores & vendor booths open in the Pocono Manor Bal l room.

Monday/May 29th:
7:00am: Track opens. Free garage space w i l l b e ava i l a b l e o n a f i r s t come basis.
7:30: Mandator y o r i e ntat i o n l a p s i n i n s t r u c to r veh i c l e f o r G reen Group drive r s .
8:00: Mandator y D r i ver ’s meetin.
8:40: Track event s b e g i n at Pocono Raceway o n t h e 2 . 5 m i l e cou r s e w i t h a l ternat ing run groups.
10:40: “Int ro to Track” session (approximate ) .
12:00-12:40: Lunch.
12:40-5:00: Track event s at Pocono Raceway o n t h e 2 . 5 m i l e cou r s e w i t h a l ternat ing run groups
7:30pm: Informal barbeque dinner at t h e Pocono Manor Inn.

Tuesday/May 30th:
7:00am: Track opens. Free garage space ava i l a b l e o n f i r s t come basis.
7:30: Mandator y o r i e ntat i o n l a p s i n i n s t r u c to r veh i c l e f o r G reen Group drive r s .
8:00: Mandator y D r i ver ’s meeting.
8:40: Track event s b e g i n at Pocono Raceway o n t h e 2 . 5 m i l e cou r s e w i t h a l ternat ing run groups.
10:40: “Int ro to Track” session (approximate ) .
12:00-12:40: Lunch.
12:40-5:00: Track event s at Pocono Raceway o n t h e 2 . 5 m i l e cou r s e w i t h a l ternat ing run groups

OP
OP
R

Rolstar

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone staying overnight Monday til Tuesday, you will be able to leave your car at the track in a secure gagage. These are available on a first come first serve basis.

Larry Dole

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just finished loading my viper onto the trailer in anticipation of Mon Tues track event. I am bringing my older track wheels that are for sale. They are for 17" vipers. If you are interested you can try them at the track and if you like them we can make a deal.

OP
OP
R

Rolstar

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Almost last call! Looks like the weather is going to be great this weekend. Come on guys grab the wives or girlfriends and come up on Sunday and hang out with the best car club around. There will be more than 150 exotic cars on display, and if you stay for the track day, I was told a lot of them will be tracking these fine automobiles as well.

OP
OP
R

Rolstar

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WHAT A GREAT DAY!. The weather was perfect. More than 150 cars at the concourse and almost 135 cars on the treack on Monday. ACR Steve kicked a Ferrari's ass in Bob Carroll's Comp Coupe, Way to go Steve!!
Here are some pics of the concourse. enjoy!!

8086WIMG_0001.jpg

8086WIMG_0002.jpg

8086WIMG_0021.jpg

8086WIMG_0015.jpg

8086WIMG_0016.jpg

8086WIMG_0017.jpg

8086WIMG_0018.jpg

8086WIMG_0006.jpg

8086WIMG_0014.jpg

8086WIMG_0011.jpg

ACR Steve kicked this Ferrari's #@%!!, Nice Driving Steve!!

8086WIMG_0046.jpg

8086WIMG_0044.jpg

8086WIMG_0043.jpg

8086WIMG_0041.jpg

8086WIMG_0039.jpg

1.8 Million Dollar Ferrari FXX
8086WIMG_0038.jpg

8086WIMG_0037.jpg

8086WIMG_0023.jpg

8086WIMG_0035.jpg

Jerz Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GREAT SHOTS TOM!

THE ENZO FXX THAT YOU SEE IS ONE OF 10, AND THE ONLY ONE IN THE US. THEY ACTUALLY WENT ON THE TRACK WITH THIS BAD TOY FROM ITALY! NOT BAD FOR A $2,000,000.00 car

sshorty

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GREAT SHOTS TOM!

THE ENZO FXX THAT YOU SEE IS ONE OF 10, AND THE ONLY ONE IN THE US. THEY ACTUALLY WENT ON THE TRACK WITH THIS BAD TOY FROM ITALY! NOT BAD FOR A $2,000,000.00 car

Too bad the guy only got on it on the straight, it was still cool though, that thing accelerates so fast!

That 333SP ferrari Race Car took a beating from ACR Steve in the Comp Coupe. The Ferrari guys came up to us and asked us what was done to the Viper, we said it how it was, a stock Viper Comp Coupe!

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just wanted to thank the NJ club for always making us NY guys feel like we are family.You guys are truly a class act and I look forward to seeing everyone soon :) The Tri State is very lucky to have the 2 best Locals in the country.

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have to give a BIG THANKS to Bob Carroll for letting me drive what could be one of the greatest factory race cars ever.I wish I was a better writter and could explain how truly an honor it was to drive it.The Comp Coupe is everything everyone has heard and then double it.The car is incredible responsive to every driver input.Accelaration out of a turn is incredible,handling is second to none (incredibly nuetral and responds to every driver input) and the brakes,well all I can say is that I was only able to use about 50%of there capacity.I could have cut my braking distances in half and still been not using them to capacity.They are truly masterful.Bob it was truelly an experience I will never forget.Thank You,Thank You,Thank You :)

Vipergtsbob

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
HEADLINE FROM POCONO RACEWAY......
METRO-MISSLE STEVE KATZ CRUSHES FERRARIS,LAMBOS, PORSCHES, VETTES,A P333 FERRARI...AND... IN A RENTED CAR NO LESS.......

Note to Steve Katz from Bob Carroll
When I got back in my CC, the Motec Digital Screen scrolled, "...who are you, I want Steve back..."

Buddy, you have no idea what a thrilling afternoon you gave Viper fans all over the world yesterday. To those who could not make it, here was the scene: Literally 125 of the best Ferraris, Lambos, Vettes, track prep cars of all varieties all awaiting track time at Pocono (and many moaning about the brash, loud "viper guys"; we just don't seem to be cut out for Chardonnay,and finger foods!! ). As we spent the track day having a great time, I had promised Steve a session in what formerly was "my" (but now appears to be subsumed into the "Fitzwell Racing Stable") Comp Coupe.
To say he "burned" up the track does not give justice to those who saw a bright red CC slashing past the best Europe (and Bowling Green) has to offer, and in such an overwhelming fashion, that one of the head "Ferraristas" came over to us and said "...thats not a stock viper, you have a lot of mods, right? Answer, "no, its a completely stock Comp Coupe". Response, NO that can't be stock, just look at it...." What he didn't measure was the GREAT DRIVER we had inserted in a pretty good car (which BTW is expertly prepped and maintained by Warnock's Viper Tech Extrodinaire and Fitzwell Racing's Crew Chief, Scotty Sorrentino)

Steve, we were all cheering you on from the Pit wall as you blew by Ferrari after Ferrari (and every Vette also). Your humilty and humble nature belie one hell of a competitor and the best driver we have seen in a long time. Most important, you are one hell of a nice guy who has ALWAYS offered to help in events and get togethers!! Simply said, Thanks for the clinic. You were awesome!!

On behalf of Fitzwell Racing, Dick himself has awarded you an honorary "Guest Driver Permit" which you can use with us anytime you want.

Can we steal your NY membership from Scott and ***? We do have a Comp Coupe to offer. (Sorry Scott and ***)

Great time was had by all. Thanks to Joe Moore and his super crew. Joe is a friend you can always count on and the Viper Nation needs friends like Joe.

Bob Carroll
Former owner of Comp Coupe # 49

PS to Steve,
Can I have my steering wheel back now?

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow Steve really beat the F333 SP? Awesome!

BTW there's actually a few FXX's in the states. 3 right here in Jersey, and I've been in one already. Any clue what number that FXX was? Probably from classic coach.

sshorty

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From the FXX Registry there are 10 total in the US and Canada.

Bob, very well put. I think most of us had as good a time watching Steve pass every single car on the track at least once in the short 8 laps he was in the car, than racing their own cars on the track. (except me, since I wasn't on the track, not yet anyway)

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
""When I got back in my CC, the Motec Digital Screen scrolled, "...who are you, I want Steve back..."""....TOO FUNNY

im glad to hear steve showed that bunch what a viper can do. it sounds like a great car too.

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HEADLINE FROM POCONO RACEWAY......
METRO-MISSLE STEVE KATZ CRUSHES FERRARIS,LAMBOS, PORSCHES, VETTES,A P333 FERRARI...AND... IN A RENTED CAR NO LESS.......

Note to Steve Katz from Bob Carroll
When I got back in my CC, the Motec Digital Screen scrolled, "...who are you, I want Steve back..."

Buddy, you have no idea what a thrilling afternoon you gave Viper fans all over the world yesterday. To those who could not make it, here was the scene: Literally 125 of the best Ferraris, Lambos, Vettes, track prep cars of all varieties all awaiting track time at Pocono (and many moaning about the brash, loud "viper guys"; we just don't seem to be cut out for Chardonnay,and finger foods!! ). As we spent the track day having a great time, I had promised Steve a session in what formerly was "my" (but now appears to be subsumed into the "Fitzwell Racing Stable") Comp Coupe.
To say he "burned" up the track does not give justice to those who saw a bright red CC slashing past the best Europe (and Bowling Green) has to offer, and in such an overwhelming fashion, that one of the head "Ferraristas" came over to us and said "...thats not a stock viper, you have a lot of mods, right? Answer, "no, its a completely stock Comp Coupe". Response, NO that can't be stock, just look at it...." What he didn't measure was the GREAT DRIVER we had inserted in a pretty good car (which BTW is expertly prepped and maintained by Warnock's Viper Tech Extrodinaire and Fitzwell Racing's Crew Chief, Scotty Sorrentino)

Steve, we were all cheering you on from the Pit wall as you blew by Ferrari after Ferrari (and every Vette also). Your humilty and humble nature belie one hell of a competitor and the best driver we have seen in a long time. Most important, you are one hell of a nice guy who has ALWAYS offered to help in events and get togethers!! Simply said, Thanks for the clinic. You were awesome!!

On behalf of Fitzwell Racing, Dick himself has awarded you an honorary "Guest Driver Permit" which you can use with us anytime you want.

Can we steal your NY membership from Scott and ***? We do have a Comp Coupe to offer. (Sorry Scott and ***)

Great time was had by all. Thanks to Joe Moore and his super crew. Joe is a friend you can always count on and the Viper Nation needs friends like Joe.

Bob Carroll
Former owner of Comp Coupe # 49

PS to Steve,
Can I have my steering wheel back now?

3 NY/CT/NJ VCA FACTS:

1. Bob C. is a terrific and VERY generous fellow.
2. Steve K. is an extraordinary driver.
3. I desperately want to either.....or both! :D :2tu:

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys are embarrassing me and all of you are way to kind.....(at least some of you-"my bit*h on the straight aways" "D" don't get Rose jealous:)she will kick my butt ).
I consider all of you my friends and there for you are like family to me.It is amazing how an interest in one model of car can bring us all together and create such great friendships....................................P.S. Scotty did one hell of a job setting that car up.The car was dead on.He is a very talented guy :2tu:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang