A chance to see to Museum Quality Cars on the road tomorrow!

Ratical2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tomorrow is the 19th Annual "Anti-football Run" organized by Martin Swig. This is the same guy that is responsible for adding the Tour starting off the Palo Alto Concours events. This is a chance to see cars that you would normally see only in a museum out in their natural environment. The event starts at 8AM from Sausalito and winds up back at the same place around 12:30PM. Registration is closed but you can still see 30-50 old classics either at the begining or the the end of the event or tag along for the ride....

Welcome to Amici americani della Mille Miglia

Sorry, didn't proof read the title before posting....one to many to's

OP
OP
R

Ratical2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Update: A chance to see to Museum Quality Cars on the road tomorrow!

Weather was good and the cars were incredible. The count was down from last year, but there were some really interesting cars. The VCA had 3 members there. Maurice and I went up in his Elise and Dave and his son took an original Mini Cooper.

1-lotus-Maurice.JPG

43alfa.JPG

34alfa.JPG

fer512.JPG

fer512_rear.JPG

fer512openrear.JPG

ferr512open.JPG

group-mini.JPG

gjourp-jag.JPG

group2.JPG

group1.JPG

4-datsun2000.JPG

2-58ferrari.JPG

astonmartin.JPG

3-4britts-and1stang.JPG

jag-e-blk-coupe.JPG

iso-griffo.JPG

lancia.JPG

The Taxi was even cool!

checker-cab.JPG

OP
OP
R

Ratical2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW Great pictures of some very Cool Cars !!

I was up in Lake Tahoe and ran into Rocky and Terri.

Thanks! I am editing some video of the cars doing a drive by at a couple of different points on Highway1. I hope to post it soon.
The Iso Grifo and the Ferrari 512BB didn't come out to play but most of the cars in the pics and several other not yet shown, drove the 120 miles of back roads. This was my fourth time to attend. It was overcast in the morning so the numbers were down from last year but there are always some great cars out there.

Maurice got some really beautiful artistic shots... I will see if I can share.

Rocky and Terri are great people...I hope that you were all having fun in the snow!

OP
OP
R

Ratical2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's that time of year again! The weather is looking good for Friday's (New Year's Day) Anti-football run.

Unfortunately, registration for the event closed on Dec.1st, but anyone can come out to Sausalito and see the cars before we head out.

You can see by the pics in the previous posts, there is a large variety of cars. Cars begin to show up at 8am and leave sometime after 9am for the drive.

Most everyone meets back around 12PM for lunch at Poggio's. So most of the cars will be viewable then for those who slept in:smirk:

This is not a VCA sponsored event, but several VCA members attend.

I will be in my GTS or riding shotgun in a red 67 Jag E-Type.

Hope to see you there!

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now because I'm over here in the UK is that an Anti Football run (NFL) or are you referring to Soccer? If your referring to the latter, that's one cruise I would love to join on to :D I cant stand the game :( Looks like you had some nice cars at the meet :2tu:

Mark
:uk:

OP
OP
R

Ratical2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Anti-Football run was put together by Martin Swig as a get up off the couch and get your car out on the road instead of watching all of the bowl games on New Years Day. So the answer is yes, American Football.
Sounds like you would fit in well with many of my work colleagues. Most of them are European born. They take issue with us calling our game Football when "everyone knows" that football really is the game that we call soccer. Lunchtime conversations are lively indeed.

Sorry that you can't make it. Let me know if you ever make it this way.

Ken

Now because I'm over here in the UK is that an Anti Football run (NFL) or are you referring to Soccer? If your referring to the latter, that's one cruise I would love to join on to :D I cant stand the game :( Looks like you had some nice cars at the meet :2tu:

Mark
:uk:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave