A good exhaust system for a 93 viper.

1b3br65e5pv200845

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello to all,
I am a new member and asking the 93 up to 95 viper owners to see what kind of muffler with agressive sound would be preffered. I am not familiar with the different type but I want that **** sound.
Pls. help.
Thanks,
viper59
[email protected] is my email

mopar75110

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I put a set of Borla mufflers on my 94 that I bought from Roe. I left the cats off. It is loud and pops quite a bit on decelleration, but I couldn't be happier with it. It added power you can feel also. The cats on gen.1 cars are very restrictive.

Early93Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A good cheap way to get a good sound on your GEN I viper:

1. Cut off you cats and muffler

2. Weld a piece of exhaust pipe to reconnect the pipes.

3. (Now this is going to sound crazy) pick up a Thrush "Cherry Bomb" glass pack. Cut the pipe and install.
All for around $50.

I know it sounds a little white trash to put a glass pack on a viper but it works. It sounds good IMHO and it should free up some HP. Plus it saves you $$$. Best mod I have done although I haven't done many mods.

mopar75110

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with Early 93 Viper. That would definitely be an inexpensive way to do it. If you aren't happy with it, you haven't invested much anyway.

MadMaxx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
dynomax "bullit" mufflers (2.5" is what you want) drop right in place of cats. Going to be loud though...real loud.

Viperchad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree. The Belanger kit has Dynomax mufflers and high flow cats....removing them entirely is a bit extreme as far as sound. Especially as mentioned above on deceleration. I strongly recommend spending the extra $$ and buying headers first. If you are looking to gain power there really is no real significant gain noticed until you do headers. Doing any/all of the above will change the sound BIG TIME!!! You'll be surprised.....I can set car alarms off a block away. Sounds sweeeeeeeeeeet!! :)

MadMaxx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I used dynomax in my sills and a rear muffler delete on my 96. Damn that sounded goooood. 3K rpm resonance kinda *****, but you get used to it.

FLOORIN04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you are looking to gain power there really is no real significant gain noticed until you do headers. Doing any/all of the above will change the sound BIG TIME!!! You'll be surprised.....I can set car alarms off a block away. Sounds sweeeeeeeeeeet!!

lol :2tu:

Ivory

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Straight pipes with high flow cats then spray the beast with an NX system to boost hp and create monster torque! Cheap, sounds great, and will keep all stock vipers and Z06s behind you!

You can then work on adding other power adders such as headers, rockers, and tweaks later.

Less than 2K and your done!

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Newbie - congrats on owning the <font color="red"> BEST </font> year for a Viper in my <font color="red"> TOTALLY UNBIASED </font> opinion. I am in the process right now of building my own system for my 93.

Why am I building my own system - because my "carry-over" 93 is identical to the 92 and the aftermarket systems do not just bolt up and require signicant mods. I also feel that the major bottleneck in the Gen 1 exhaust is the stock cats and mufflers and do not beleive that headers add enough over the stock headers to justify the added $$.

My system will be 3" all the way back from the stock header. A Dynatech Powercat high flow cat, Borla XR 1 sportsman muffler, and a Moroso Spiral flow muffler are the key components.

Here is a quick pic I took from a "sound test" I did with just the borla. Ugly loking system for now with muffler clamps and coat hanger, but I plan to weld the system and upgrade the mounts for the finished product. It sounds a lot better than the stock system and is very deep and agressive. In my opinion it is just a bit too loud for long cruising - so that is why I am adding the Moroso Spiral flow muffer. I will try to post the finished product and a sound bite soon.

5122DSC00173-med.JPG

Good Luck.

PS - I'm not quite sure I would want to use my VIN as my screen name - too many crazies out there that might try to use it.

Yves

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Way too complex, some of those systems above.

Here you go : 200$ for mufflers, 300 for labor.
Can be changed back to original in 2 hours.

3989DSC00347.JPG

Soundclips in my Media section (p 2)

THOR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
ROE exhaust! Go with the full 3" option throughout. That way if you decide to add headers later, you will not have to change out any of what you are wanting to install now. Worth the bucks!! :2tu:

kARLUG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also have a carryover 1992 with 93 serial number. I used Roe 3" high flow cats and Borla mufflers. You have to fab the mounting brackets and do some welding. Sounds good but pretty loud. This one also sets off car alarms!! The car made 416 rwhp with tubes, SVSI headers and this muffler setup.

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you do anything under the sills, you can might as well cut the system out completely. Replace it with 3" system, not much of a price difference and breathes better. I have 3" with no cats and Dynomax bullet's. Very loud...

FLOORIN04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you do anything under the sills, you can might as well cut the system out completely. Replace it with 3" system, not much of a price difference and breathes better. I have 3" with no cats and Dynomax bullet's. Very loud...

--------------------
1993 RT/10
NX Express, 607HP, 768TQ
11.6 on Pilots

1964 Ford Galaxie STW

yes and it muffles out those stock srt's exhaust :eek:
follow redenuf93 advice sounds great!!!!! :D
back pressure tones are great also :2tu:

Hypntzd

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Do you know which bullet to purchase or the stock #

Thanks

XS TORQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have some dynomax 3" in and out (~24" in length) that I bought and never used on my 94. If anyone is interested, drop me an email or PM.