"A**hole Viper driver"

Reaction score
Re: \"A**hole Viper driver\"

Look at the pictures of this KIDS car in the bushes at some crash scene. Hell the Viper driver could been having a bad day doesn't everyone?

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Like the thread says on that page... "Looks like there were actually 2 ***hole drivers in this story"

Be lucky he didn't kill anyone or run over a lawn full of kids..
Going 80 in a residential area w/ 40 MPH posted speeds. WOW....
I knew we should have written human rights activists and banned the Fast and the Furious!!

Gerald

George Farris

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score

andy,

I think we "seen" who the real a**hole is - so go home and don't bother us anymore.

ACR Joe

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I applaud the Corvette community for taking an objective stand in this matter. Sounds like both drivers acted quite irresponsibly; fortunately only some minor vehicle damage and a bruised ego or two. Hope the Camaro guy learns a lesson; don't play on the street, especially not with an idiot (in an Viper or any other car for that matter).

Wanna race - go to the race track!

Motor City Mad Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I get real sick of some of these A hole punks riding right up on my butt too trying to get me to race or just messing with me. If he was 15 feet off the Viper's bumper at 80 MPH, it serves him right that he went off the road. That'll teach him. I have been rear ended twice now in my Viper and I don't think I can keep my cool if it ever happened again.

Mike H

Enthusiast
Reaction score

read the story below that one on the LSI board about the two drivers killed in NY which is also on this site....seems the Lambo driver killed an innocent father of two young kids , injured the guys wife, plus the Vette racer injured his wife and NOW FACES TWO COUNTS OF MANSLAUGHTER!!!...Goes to prove ....RACE ON A TRACK NOT ON THE STREET!!!!

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

I don't feel bad at all. I get that with kids in mustangs and other cars. Not that it has to do with the car, but the kids driving it. It aggrevates me to be tail gated. If they want to run, don't tailgate.

Ulysses

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Rollo,

ask any officer in California about slamming the brake on someone behind you on purpose and they will tell you that you are going to jail if it causes an accident, no matter how close that person was behind you.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Rollo, Ulysses, you're both wrong. The cop will ticket whoever he feels like ticketing, in any state.

HogWhisperer

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I've had several close calls with kids almost rear-ending me. I am quite sure most of you have tambien. It can get kind of scary out there.

I don't know California law but here in Texas I have NEVER heard of the person that got rear-ended getting the ticket. It may not be right to dynamite the brakes for no purpose other than to get someone off your six but it's better than going WOT in a residential neighborhood to get away from a weird situation. Anyway, who knows why he hit the brakes. There could have been something in the road that 'ol Andy didn't or couldn't see.

In any event, I'm glad Andy, his passengers, and the neighborhood kids were not hurt. (I think the Pine tree's had it though)

I am left with one more meaningless thought though........

Apparently 'them' Viper brakes aren't all that bad.

Ulysses

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Chuck,
you're right, an officer can ticket whomever he deems worthy of receiving a ticket in any state. But that was not what I or Rollo were addressing. I was addressing Rollo's statement "Ask any officer, it was his fault no matter what the car in front of him did.", in relation to the Viper purposefully braking to make the tailgater back off, causing the Camaro to loose control.

Rollo believes that it would be the tailgater's fault entirely in this situation. It very well might be in the state that this occurred, I have no idea if it would be. Rollo says that if you ask any officer who's fault it was, that officer would reply that it was the tailgater's fault.

Well, since Rollo and I are from the same state, and I not wanting a bruddha' to head out onto the streets of Cali with the wrong impression that you can willfully brake on any a*hole tailgater, I thought I would give him the skinny on how Cali law would interpret this whole situation, especially if given witnesses.

If you were to ask any California officer who's fault it would be, describing the situation as in the LSI post, AND there were witnesses, they would say it was BOTH their fault. The Camaro for tailgating and the Viper for committing ROAD RAGE.

California says that suddenly braking in anger to address a tailgater is Road Rage. Road Rage is subject to penalties under section 245 a) of the California Penal Code (Assault with a deadly weapon other than a firearm).

Paul,
true, you may not have ever heard of the person getting rear ended getting a ticket, but I am sure that you have heard of the person committing Road Rage getting arrested. It was truly fortunate that no one got hurt in this situation.

As a side note, I was involved in an accident a few years back where this **** came up behind me fast and boxed me in. When the person in front of me finally sped up, it gave me enough space to move up and over one lane. Apparently the guy tailgating me wasn't too happy with how long it took for this to occur. So he decided to speed up, cut me off, give me the finger, then brake on me, causing me to crash into him. To make a long story short, there were witnesses, I didn't get a ticket and he got free room and board. What blew my mind was that he tried to accuse me of tailgating, and that he had to brake to avoid something in the road.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Ulysses, agreed. My reply was meant to be a subtle comment towards the unfairness and inconsistencies of cops.

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score

Learned in drivers ed class many (many) years ago:

ALWAYS LEAVE AN OUT!

In other words, always assume the "other guy" is going to do the unpredictable, and prepare for it.

This doesn't make what either driver did right or wrong... but good words to drive by.

Similar to flying, as we are always told during training to always expect the engine to fail every second you're in the air...therefore, always pilot the airplane in a manner where you can safely land without any additional power.

unclgreggy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I agree totally with sean of NJ and all others that are fed up with these annoying people who need to pester you into racing. I personally used to race constantly on the highway up until about 3 years ago (before the viper). I don't know what clicked ( i think it might have been all the tickets I used to get) but something made me into a much slower driver. I never race anymore. Actually I REFUSE TO RACE. this weeks crash of the guy in the Lambo and the corvette reassured me that my no racing policy is the mature and responsible route. I think two men died in the crash. that is so sad. to take your own life into your hands is one thing, but to endanger the life of your wife/ passenger is insane. When I used to race people I always at least had one rule - no racing when there's a passenger in the car. I only broke it once - I raced some guy in a camaro in my supra tt at speeds above 150 on the highway with my girlfriend in the car (now my fiance). I'm ashamed I ever did it and would never do it again. I'd like to go back in time and kick my own *** for racing around like i did! my new policy is drive slow and let everyone go by watching you enjoy your toy!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Callaghen