A New Breed Of Viper...

New97owner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a '97 blue/white GTS that I love, but I also love to ride my 385HP Chevy powered V8 Boss Hoss motorcycle. We have a new friend on the Boss Hoss forum, that I think has came up with one of the most awesome bikes I have ever saw...our beloved Viper V10 on a RIDEABLE motorcycle, not some designer-inspired show bike. Tony rides this bike, and he says it handles well, and the power,,,we all know about that..but imagine it on 2 wheels? Here are a couple of pics of his fantastic machine. He is in the business, and if anyone is interested in one, he can build it custom for you: :usa: (By the way, he is now running nitrous on this one) :2tu:
You must be registered for see images

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One thing I'm not too fond of is that huge hollywood special-effects fan. I understand it's necessary, but it makes the bike look a bit kludgy. Not that I would ever be able to do anything close to that, so I respect the skills involved here, but it's not something that screams "buy me!" to me.

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BAD A**!
no muffler, no cat...I can't imagine the SOUND!

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Holy crap! Thats awesome! Any idea what the top speed, 1/4 mile, 0-60 times are?

im wondering the same thing.

Man that is SICK and he has NOS??????? what a nut, he would fit right in around here LOL

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Only in America....only in America....

OP
OP
N

New97owner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have no idea on the specifics..he is busy talking with new potential customers. I am not sure he has taken it to the track as of yet. As for the heat issue, I am asked many times on my 385 HP Chevy smallblock about the heat in the summertime. It is no issue at all...the way the air flow is (engine out in the open), the most of the ambient heat is dissipated. I have had the Boss I own now for 17 months, and have 21,000 miles on it. I have been all over the country, even to Key West in the summer, with no heat issues. I realize the Viper V10 will give off more heat, but I really don't think it would be an issue at all. The problem you would have at the track is traction..I can only imagine the traction issues with the V10, I know on my 385HP, I can light up the rear anywhere up to about 45 MPH. But..OH...What fun factor!!! I will pass along any specific info on the bike, as soon as he learns more about it himself!!
Mike
Here is a pic of my "small" Chevy 385HP Boss (and my other Boss..(wifey):

OP
OP
N

New97owner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here are some of the details in his words, straight from the builder, Tony:
The motorcycle known as “the viper bike” started as a 2005 boss hoss zz4, model bhc-3 motorcycle.
This bike has been extensively re-designed and re-engineered. It is now equipped with a 2004 dodge comp coupe SRT-10 8.3 ltr V-10 engine with 580hp and 630lb.ft. of torque. The engine is equipped with sequential Multi Point Fuel Injection. The engine is controlled with a Generation 3 JTEC computer system. The generation 3 viper engine has never been offered or sold by Dodge as a stand-alone engine for installation in a non-viper application, So we had to build the entire wiring and electrical system from scratch. The viper engine has only been produced in its history with a manual transmission, so we had to make some changes to make it operate properly with the torque convertor driven automatic trans. We had to design and build a flexplate style flywheel to replace the heavy cast iron clutch style flywheel. This process was complicated because the original flywheel also served as the triggering mechanism for the crank position sensor. We incorporated a reluctor ring into our flexplate flywheel to perfectly duplicate the signal seen by the ECM for crank position information. It has the stock nesco/boss-hoss two speed semi-automatic transmission, which was designed for a Chevrolet engine. We had to build a custom bellhousing to adapt the Viper engine to the boss hoss trans. Parts of the bell housing were made from billet aluminum, and other parts were made from titanium. The aluminum intake plenum and oil pan both required extensive redesigning and reshaping to fit in this application. We thank Ray Shepherd of rays crack repair for his excellent work in the aluminum fabrication on this engine The exhaust headers were hand built from steel, ceramic coated, and the exhaust pipes are 3” stainless steel. All of the body panels, rear cowling, seat body, and hood scoop are hand designed with clay and built from fiberglass in house by Chris from the marine side of our business. It is equipped with custom designed controls by Performance Machine. The brakes are stock boss hoss QTM/Brembo, with the exception of the rear master cylinder being performance machine. The wheels and drive pulley are one-off custom made by R.C. Components at an expense of over $10,000.00 The entire superstructure has been designed around this engine. The rake angle has been increased from 33 degrees to 50 degrees. The bike has a very manageable 4.3” of effective trail. It weighs only 1085 lbs. average fuel economy is 18mpg. The seat is hand made of leather and ostrich hyde, and sits only 23” off the ground. The paint was $6000.00.
Over 1500 man hours have been invested in the production of this bike. Three of us worked non-stop 38 days averaging 14 hrs per day. Most components of this bike were designed by myself as a “finished prototype” and produced to exacting specifications by our in house machinist-Greg Burke, Or Myself-Tony Reynolds. The components not built here, were built off site by John Triplett at Nothing But Customs designs in Taylorsville KY. We are especially proud of johns work in the hidden axle design swing arm. Last year John built one of the very first v-twin bikes with a 360 tire. He builds very well respected v-twin custom pro-street bikes.
Most prototype or concept vehicles are neat to look at, but do not run or operate properly, or are simply “cobbled together” underneath. This concept bike is a finely tuned finished product. There has been an attitude of “cost is not an object” instilled into everyone involved with the designing and production of this bike. According to other non-biased independent motorcycle builders, the bike has an estimated value over $160,000.00
So far, in its short time of being released to view by the public, It has created enormous interest by people in the automotive and motorcycle media. We are now receiving requests from clients to build other exotics that no one else has, even a request for a diesel powered trike!
The Viper Bike we took an order for in scottsdale will be similiar to this one except: a full compliment of gauges frenched into the ram-air hoodscoop, the rear tail section will be for 2-up riding, the engine will have somemore chrome and gloss black, and it will have chrome heatshields on the headers.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
...but how does it ride? Do you need velcro pants/seats to stay on that thing when it takes off? Don't know about buying one, but I'd pay good money just to launch it a couple times. :eek:

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
(Sept / 2004) For atleast over a year now, this thing has been for sale.

Your friends describes a "one-off", with no mention that a second one was ever made. This bike is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, and personally I cant ever see anyone spending $160,000 for this, even if the website claims to have actually sold one.

98MODMTR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That bike, 360 rear wheel or not, is not hooking up for nothing, let alone adding NAWWZZZZ on top of it all.

Bad ass none the less. My hats off to him and anyone else willing to ride the thing!

AMong

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bad Ass , do doubt , but the bike is not for performance or speed. Sure its fast, but not as fast as you would think. It doesnt make any more horsepower than a lot of the other boss hoss's out there. The stock 502 BBC model puts out 0ver 500 horse, and a lot of the guys put n02 on them or super charge them , or put diff. heads and so forth.

Ive ridden a couple, BBC boss's and they are an expericence like no other , you can feel the power... but it doesnt get to the ground. Our hayabusa's with just over 200hp will out run them by a long shot.

Kudos to the builder though, truly a bad ass piece of work.

viperbike

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Many thanks to those of you who complimented the bike I built. I have invested the last year of my life into making these bikes a reality. Positive compliments from both Viper enthusiasts and custom bike enthusiasts, (and completed purchase orders of course!) have made it all worth it.
To answer a few of your questions. With a g-tech pro mounted on the handlebars. 0 to 60 2.9 (feathering the throttle at the edge of tirespin) 1/4 mile- I got scared and backed completely off, and began braking just past 800ft, The GPS recorded 127 mph in just over 800 ft though.
Rideable?? Yes-Very much so. I finished this bike just in time for Sturgis Bike Week, rode it 4 miles near my shop, and took it to Sturgis Aug 10 where I rode it approx 1300 miles in 11 days. Then I took it to Las Vegas bikefest, East Meets West Bike show in scottsdale, And biketoberfest, Daytona. I handed over the keys to the new owner at the end of daytona with 3700+ miles on it in 3 months. The new owner of bike #1 is a dealer in scottsdale AZ. He has been using this bike as his personal show bike. Each time he meets a potential client, he lets them test ride that one, and I custom build one to suit for that client. Bike #2 and #3 are currently in process being built to order.
Thanks again for the positive compliments
Tony Reynolds