A Viper Hate Story

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After I purchased my Viper, I gave my wife a ride in it. Attempting to impress her, I gunned the throttle going around a corner in an attempt to do a F$&@ing Tokyo Drift and wound up facing oncoming traffic at which point I was screamed at and slapped repeatedly. Later, she wanted to drive it but couldn't press the clutch in all the way with the seat all the way up. I could have adjusted the pedals to accommodate her, but I kept that feature to myself and expressed great sympathy that she was unable to drive it. I then proceeded to spend an exorbitant amount of time waxing and babying the car...time she thought could have been spent snuggling on the couch with her watching Bachelorette and that stupid Amazing Race with all the freakazoid couples. She tried to go to a few car shows with me, but it was hot and boring and I couldn't really wander around an shoot the $hit like I normally do...so I quit going. At the moment, we are in the process of buying a smaller house with more land because I have kids who are going to college and we don't need a big ass house and I can't stand HOA's and I want to build a giant shop to have another Viper and a car lift and just more stuff in general. She was pissed at me for a week because I shot down all her favorite houses because the driveways were too steep and would not accommodate my Viper. She claims "everything revolves around your F@&$ing car". After what seemed an eternity, we finally found what we both can live with. Now, she finds extreme enjoyment looking over my shoulder with a glass of wine in her hand pointing all the dirt that I've missed when I clean my car. Her eyes miss nothing when it comes to a flaw on my car. I love it.

Kirkinsb

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Dude, I feel your pain....it is called marriage. I am right where you are!

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Viper complicated our last home buying process. Between having a paved driveway, a decent angle on driveway and paved roads to and from home, it eliminated a lot of decent candidates. Fortunately, my wife never let that frustrate her.

denniskgb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have to put in a request to go to cars and coffee, resume and all. the three things i do all the time according to my wife is scream at kids (twin boys 11 yo) and pay attention to the car and the dog...

Kirkinsb

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have to put in a request to go to cars and coffee, resume and all. the three things i do all the time according to my wife is scream at kids (twin boys 11 yo) and pay attention to the car and the dog...

My three things that I do all the time according to my wife are: 1. ***** about how lazy the kids are, 2. ***** about how much money we blow on crap (not my crap of course) 3. ***** about her hanging out with her "Single lady" friends. (they are a bad influence on her)...they wonder why there still single!!!! I have had to slow my bitchin lately because I was turning into a grumpy old 47 year old! Life is easier now that I quit ******** about those things...The wife is happier too. :2tu:

Silver GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thank you for that post, I work six days a week and my wife always gets on me when I want to go to the local car show held every Sunday. I tell her its my therapy!

denniskgb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i am so glad i am not alone 6 days a week work for me too and the viper is a therapy 100%.

Titan1969

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2 divorces later, I still enjoy life and my Viper has added to my enjoyment. It seems to bother some people, when others are happy or even just content. My previous 2 wives tried to bring me down, nay I say, so I moved on. :)

zombiesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
before i got the viper all my money went into my mustang and the gf was livid about it. "you say your broke and yet you put all your money into your damn car. what about me?" needless to say she didnt last much longer after that. now i have the mustang and the viper :2tu:

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
before i got the viper all my money went into my mustang and the gf was livid about it. "you say your broke and yet you put all your money into your damn car. what about me?" needless to say she didnt last much longer after that. now i have the mustang and the viper :2tu:

That'll work

3whitevipers

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
God am I lucky--my wife says buy whenever I see a car I like. She loves cars, Sebring races, and cruises. Most of her girl friends are the same way. Maybe it's southern women--don't know--Dave

OP
OP
F

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
God am I lucky--my wife says buy whenever I see a car I like. She loves cars, Sebring races, and cruises. Most of her girl friends are the same way. Maybe it's southern women--don't know--Dave

I'm sure being wealthy and older could contribute highly to that sort of attitude......

Darth Menace

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have had a tonne of complements on the car, but the negative ones were that I have a small penis and another is I sell drugs. One of them is true :(

viperman4125

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sound like you need a marriage consular.

After I purchased my Viper, I gave my wife a ride in it. Attempting to impress her, I gunned the throttle going around a corner in an attempt to do a F$&@ing Tokyo Drift and wound up facing oncoming traffic at which point I was screamed at and slapped repeatedly. Later, she wanted to drive it but couldn't press the clutch in all the way with the seat all the way up. I could have adjusted the pedals to accommodate her, but I kept that feature to myself and expressed great sympathy that she was unable to drive it. I then proceeded to spend an exorbitant amount of time waxing and babying the car...time she thought could have been spent snuggling on the couch with her watching Bachelorette and that stupid Amazing Race with all the freakazoid couples. She tried to go to a few car shows with me, but it was hot and boring and I couldn't really wander around an shoot the $hit like I normally do...so I quit going. At the moment, we are in the process of buying a smaller house with more land because I have kids who are going to college and we don't need a big ass house and I can't stand HOA's and I want to build a giant shop to have another Viper and a car lift and just more stuff in general. She was pissed at me for a week because I shot down all her favorite houses because the driveways were too steep and would not accommodate my Viper. She claims "everything revolves around your F@&$ing car". After what seemed an eternity, we finally found what we both can live with. Now, she finds extreme enjoyment looking over my shoulder with a glass of wine in her hand pointing all the dirt that I've missed when I clean my car. Her eyes miss nothing when it comes to a flaw on my car. I love it.

7TH_SIGN

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've driven my wife crazy when it comes to my passion for cars. I had to beg her to allow me to buy my first Viper (Gen 2) after selling my Supra to fund our weeding and house back in 2011. She co-signed on the Gen 2 and helped me get it. Then when I sold it she hated me. She really liked that car and I think felt it was hers as well even though she never drove it. She was agisnt me getting any car after that until I asked her to co-sign on a Gen 5, she made me promise never to sell it and so here I am back in a Viper. We don't make much and she's a stay at home. Small single family home that's overpriced due to the area we live in. Our children come first of course. She knows how much the car brings me happiness and is my escape.

Last edited:

cigar

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys haven't figured it out yet and Sybil isn't letting it out, I found out about 30 years ago when I was home one day and the wife was giving some of her girlfriends a tour of the house, as she showed them the dining room she said: "And when Dick got his twin engined airplane I got my dining room table." Then I knew why she always encouraged me to buy toys.

OP
OP
F

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys haven't figured it out yet and Sybil isn't letting it out.

I know all about Sybil. She gets what she wants by force. I don't think my wife had ultior motives, and she tried to be a part of the Viper experience...but I hogged it all for myself.

OP
OP
F

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A supercharged Gen2 is a fairly brutal car to drive...not to be trusted with a neophyte. I gave my grandma a ride in it and before she got in the car she said "Eric my dear, can you please turn down the volume on this car"?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets