Aaaagghrrrrhhhh I'm so f***ing mad right now...

Nocturnal

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So my rear glass on my 2000 GTS is separating again, I just spent $1200.00 on new glass a year ago, went on deployment and put the new glass on when I got back and now three months later my new glass is coming apart...... Aaaagghghhhh. Of course the dealer is saying that the 12 month warranty is up but they will take a look at it on Monday. Well at least they may be willing to help me out but come on, had it for a year, three months on the car and now this, great.

Sorry for the rant.

Dave

HHI VIPER

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Under the circumstances with you fighting for their/our freedom, I would hope they would understand. You have an obvious reason it didn't get noticed before the year was up. Thanks for your service and hope it works out for you! :2tu:

Danino

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Take it to a glass shop, I had the same problem and it's great now at a cheaper price.

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Most bodyshops have a 3M adhesive that will correct this issue.

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with above. You have unusual circumstances being deployed. Seeing as you're fighting for" our" freedom INCLUDING THAT OF YOUR DEALER, I would remind him of that and the negative publicity he would get if you go to your congressman or the news!

In my mind, doing the unpopular thing for our soldiers would be looked at mighty unkindly!

jay01m

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I spoke to 3M about this issue, as I've had fits trying to get mine to stay together. I've tried epoxies, JB Weld, Gorilla Glue, and have taken it to a few glass shops and no joy! Very frustrating. Spoke to 3M and got 3 options for fixing this, hopefully for good. These options are listed in priority order as recommended by 3M. I haven't had a chance to try it yet, but will be giving option 1 a try. If anyone has the time and decide to call 3M for yourselves, I'd be interested to know if you got a different answer...

Option 1:
Window Weld Superfast Urethane - 250 psi shear, 1200 psi tensile strength, used in OEM Applications, 10-15 min work time, better for hot temperatures
Urethane: 08609
Need Single step primer: 08682
3Mâ„¢ Window-Weldâ„¢ Super Fast Urethane, 08609, Black, 10.5 fl oz Cartridge, 12 per case

Option 2:
Structural Base Adhesive Kit - 400 psi shear, 975psi cold roll (forgot what that means)
2 Part Adhesive: 08101
3Mâ„¢ Structural Adhesive, 08101,Two 2 fl oz tubes per kit, 6 kits per case

Option 3:
Automix Channel Bonding and Sidelite Adhesive - 15 min work time
Adhesive: 08641
Need Applicator gun: 08191
Need Mixing Nozzle: 08197
3Mâ„¢ Automixâ„¢ Channel Bonding and Sidelite Adhesive, 08641, 2 oz , 6 per case

MARKL488

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Contact 1-800-992-1997 customer service for Chrysler they will open a customer concern with the dealer and it gives the dealer a boost in helping you. Have your Vin# ready

OP
OP
N

Nocturnal

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey everyone thanks for the support. The only thing I need now is time off from work to take her in.

Thanks again
Dave