AC woes they won't go away

Hav One

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys,

So I have been posting about the AC issue I have had for the past few months. I have replaced both the control head unit and the blend door actuator as told by my local dealership's diagnosis. That hasn't fixed it, so they gave it another shot and told me that the plastic stop tab on the coupler isn't making contact with the stop tab on the HVAC housing. Essentially just spinning inside of the blend door but not turning it. Now they told me that I now need to replace the entire heater box to fix this. I have been able to find a pretty good deal on that but am looking at doing the repair work myself.

Here is the big question. Has anyone out there done this replacement themselves? I am looking for any tips or tricks in the process to help me from have to absolutely remove and disconnect anything to do with the dash.

A big thank you for helping out in anyway possible!!! :2tu:

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was going to try this, but ended up Dodge did it for me. Unfortunately 2000 dollars. They ha,ve to remove the whole dash to get at the motor and blend doors

ninjakris

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't have any tips or tricks, but do you have a service manual for it? If not, I would probably get one if I were you. I just ordered a full set (4 books) from a guy off ebay for like $55. Its a cheap insurance to potentially save a lot of money if you break something in the process. Good luck.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang