ACR at Sebring Vid!

cheryl mccally

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great video! Thanks for sharing with all of us that didn't get to go. That looks like a really fast track too. Was that a GT3 RS in front of you?

OP
OP
B

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys/gals got it right, that is a fun track, quite challenging, and the bumps add to the fun/challenge. I don't think video does it justice, but there are corners where I was getting over 2 G's, and speeds over 155 on the straight. The PBOC traffic jam was a drag before I started lining up early to be up front. You catch the back markers in a lap, which is sooner than most groups because they basically put everyone from racers to rookies in the Solo group. Had to take it real easy in those bunched up passing situations. In the early sessions, cars were going off right and left. Mainly Po'shas with inexperienced drivers trying too hard to go fast. I don't know how you can put a Caymen or Boxster off the track, they drive like silk, but it happened many times this weekend. Leslie, they need you there!

Last edited:

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know how you can put a Caymen or Boxster off the track, they drive like silk, but it happened many times this weekend. Leslie, they need you there!

geez, you got that right! I have driven both on the track right after a session in my GenII and there was NO way I could do a John Deere:lmao:

2001-V10 Power Nut

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I drove a NARRA event there with the PBOC, never again, way to many cars on the track, and the basically have about everthing running the track with you regardless of speed. They group by experience, not speed, even if you 20 year old BMW tops out at 95 mph.

glad you had a good time

:D

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Boxer....Sorry i got a headach watching your video...Next time put in in your car...

OP
OP
B

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I drove a NARRA event there with the PBOC, never again, way to many cars on the track, and the basically have about everthing running the track with you regardless of speed. They group by experience, not speed, even if you 20 year old BMW tops out at 95 mph.

glad you had a good time

:D
Line up early, and get in one good lap before hitting traffic! Its worth it to drive this track, esp in the middle of January when its 72 degrees (15 back home when I pulled out of my frozen drive).

DSC08105.JPG

Pictureman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fvuYMPAAAU[/media] Here's my hand held version from Sebring in Jimmy Z's car....before they took my camera away. Pretty bumpy.

GRNBGON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got it working! Get rid of that darn rear veiw mirror! I can't see where I am going! Who cares what is behind you! Pass the SOB porcha!
Great Video. Just 3 more months of this white s**t.
I want to live where there is none!:rolaugh:
Happy Racing to those who can!
GRNBGON:drive:

Pictureman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is someone who had a bad weekend...a Vette
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_wjdWwKPfk[/media]

That *****. I wondered why it took so long to get the track cleaned off over there. I heard one of the Vettes got booted out for drifting on the grounds at 3:30 in the morning. Was that the same one???

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Boxer12....Sorry for my post. It was the other video i watched.

OP
OP
B

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That *****. I wondered why it took so long to get the track cleaned off over there. I heard one of the Vettes got booted out for drifting on the grounds at 3:30 in the morning. Was that the same one???
Ya, they had to repair the wall after that one. Same place I think where the F-GT collected a Miata during the enduro race... idk which car got booted for drunk antics during the wee hours...what a dumbsheet. I wonder if the F-GT that got wrecked was the one driven by A. Robertson. I heard it was two women involved in the wreck and one of them went to the hospital. Robertson is a Grand-Am racer. The Miata must have cut in front of her in 6. just a guess.

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice vid. I got a sense of the ACR's speed from it. Any mods? Running slicks? That Porsche was ridiculous though. Looked like he was playing with you at some parts. To be expected since its a full on race car. Whats the HP and Weight on that Porsche?

OP
OP
B

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice vid. I got a sense of the ACR's speed from it. Any mods? Running slicks? That Porsche was ridiculous though. Looked like he was playing with you at some parts. To be expected since its a full on race car. Whats the HP and Weight on that Porsche?
Mopar PCM w/ Belanger full race exhaust...Hoosier A6 slicks with about 8 cycles. The 997 GT3 RSR is 485 HP, 2700 lbs, 6 sp sequential gearbox, GT2 class LeMans racecar. I had to let up in T17, and was not able to go full WOT in the straights because he wasn't pointing me by (PBOC rules). ;)

Blue Marlin

Enthusiast
Reaction score

That long sweeping turn 6 always makes me nervous. My C6 always felt on edge there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery