ACR Brake Squeel

Mr U-2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been looking at a 01 (new) ACR at our local dealer...drove great but I noticed the brakes squeeled big time during slow speed stops. The dealer said this was normal for the race configured brakes on the ACR. Can you help me confirm that that is in fact normal? The noise during slow speed stops in traffic was so bad I am now considering the GTS just to get away from that distraction....high speed braking did not result in any squeel...thanks....Mr U-2

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
they all do it, The dealer is actually right (though it coulda done without that ***** "race configured brakes" salses pitch) going to a GTS won't be any different. Though if you do prchase the car you can purchase different pads that greatly reduce squeal.

Craig

Kurt 97 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Squeal is normal
pissed.gif

Do yourself a favor and get some EBC's (have different types depending upon your application!!) I use the green for street use and have been VERY happy with the results. No more squeal and minimal brake dust!! You can find them here www.greatbrakes.com or from many of the site sponsors (Parts rack, etc.) Let me know if I can help....Kurt

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
AARRGGHHH!!!

Please tell me what "problem" there is to correct? The stock pads are a GREAT compromise pad for street and track use. They do not require the heating like a track pad in order to work, but that can withstand some abuse at track events. These cars routinely get driven agressively on the street. It takes A LOT to stop these cars from the speeds that they routinely see.

Brembo is a racing brake supplier. They supply high performance parts. This is a correct application of that pad. I for one am pretty pleased that DC put a set of pads on the car that you COULD take out on the track without destroying in 2 sessions (PMUM excluded...)

I know the squeaking annoys some - but realize that when you *fix* that, you are compromising the flexibility of the pad you have now....

genXgts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Janni, right on target as per usual.

I for one, don't mind the squeal for some strange reason, one of the several quirks that bothers me the least, get out and squeal!!

Now, about that leaky windshield.......