ACR suspension Tool?????

wiseasp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My ACR was finally delivered today. Where would the tool be to adjust the suspension???

I looked all over the car and did not find it. Does anyone have a part number for it? I might have to order it...

I saw that some said that the car needs to be adjusted with scales, where the hell do I get these?

I measured from the floor to the lower lip of the fender and my front settings are at 26" from the ground, but the rears are set at 29 1/2 inches from the ground. It looks jacked up in the rear.

Thanks guys for all your help.

ROB :usa:

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The tool came with my car in a bubble rap(on the inside) envelope. The scales are what you need to balnce the car based each corners weight, not its ride heaght, SOOOO.. if you dont care if your car is CORNER BALANCED, THEN you are ok to do the individual adjustment based on a ruler from the ground to your side sills.

Sorry, dont know your part number.

PS DO A SEARCH, I KNOW I read a post like this before, where they gave the part number !!

Jon

ACR Joe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My car did not come with the tool which is called a spanner wrench. It is available from Snap On. When set up for normal street driving, the car does appear a bit high in the rear.

If you choose to lower the car, do it right and have it corner weighted.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Don't worry, we're still waiting for the "tool" and instructions to be shipped for 99 ACR built for Wife...guess they ran out of them in NH..."the tool is in the mail"....RIGHT !!

Cal Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For my 2001 ACR I found the tool when I took out the driver's seat to lower it, there was a bulge on the back side of the seat back. Turns out there is a pocket and the bulge was the tool and instructions. Lean the seat back forward and check it out. Numbers on the envelope containing the tool: 05290053AA 85574A 0870. The tool I got, I have two, didn't come with the instructions, PM your mailing address if you need a copy. Mine is stock, 27.5 front, 28.75 rear.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Those looking for original Koni instructions...they were posted here about 1.5 years ago by my memory...might try a search if you need them.

chickenwarrior

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Re: ACR Brass Suspension Tool

For my 2001 ACR I found the tool when I took out the driver's seat to lower it, there was a bulge on the back side of the seat back. Turns out there is a pocket and the bulge was the tool and instructions. Lean the seat back forward and check it out. Numbers on the envelope containing the tool: 05290053AA 85574A 0870. The tool I got, I have two, didn't come with the instructions, PM your mailing address if you need a copy. Mine is stock, 27.5 front, 28.75 rear.

I have one for sale out of a 2001 ACR, opened but in the envelope with no instructions, if there is any interest or offers. Otherwise it's going to Fleabay!
CW

Alternative

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I have one for sale out of a 2001 ACR, opened but in the envelope with no instructions, if there is any interest or offers. Otherwise it's going to Fleabay!
CW

Tried to send you a PM, but your box is full. I'm interested, send me a PM on how to contact you.

Alternative

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Try again. I deleted some.

Dealer Price: $66
I'll take $35 Shipped USPS. I'll upload a picture later....

I'll take it, and since I was the first one who showed interest, I hope you haven't sold it.

I tried to PM you again, but couldn't send you one. Just send me a PM with your contact info, so we can arrange payment.

jpa99acr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm also interested.. why not ebay it and you may get more? I know I would pay more than 35, these are hard to find.

chickenwarrior

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm also interested.. why not ebay it and you may get more? I know I would pay more than 35, these are hard to find.

Pay more??? Now that's what I like to hear! I didn't realize there would be so much interest. Since I haven't promised it to anyone....Let the silent PM auction begin! 1 PM offer per person only please. Your best shot and that person can claim the prize!

PM storage problem has been fixed.

PS - I also have the OEM Original 2001 Viper Owners Manual although not ACR specific if anyone is interested.

Click below for high res picture:
http://www.chloebeth.net/images/2001%20Dodge%20Viper/IMG_0112.JPG

Last edited: