ACR-X Racetech Seat install

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
well for christmas my wife got me the full on race seat from Racetech that is in the ACR-X. i am well aware of how much a PIA the installs can be.What i wanted to know is if Viper Race HQ makes a bracket for the seat or i just need to custom weld the racetech brackets in?Going to email Tom tuesday if he is in.

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
im shure they do cause i had viper hq install one in my x:drive:

Slithr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shandon, you might also want to contact Tim Palmer (F8L SNK). I believe he recently installed that seat in his ACR.

Tail lights

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a gen 2 viper, I bought my mounts from 425 motorsports, A big part of their company is custom seat and brackets Dan Reiss is the ceo, And is very cool to work with.425 747 0777, Make sure to tell 'em if you're running a 5 or 6 point harness. And which generation viper you have. Tell him john sent you and maybe give you a deal

F8L SNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Racetech I installed needed a weld in bracket. I bought the bracket (both Driver and Passenger) from Viper Race Headquarters (Tom). I am unaware of a bolt in kit but that doesn't mean there isn't one.

Here is a picture of the driver side installed

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
S

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks so much guys! This is a huge help. i will call Tom and order the brackets to get welded in. The seat is awesome but for the outrageous amount of money it dang well better be:2tu:

Smokin' 2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks so much guys! This is a huge help. i will call Tom and order the brackets to get welded in. The seat is awesome but for the outrageous amount of money it dang well better be:2tu:

The weld in brackets are built when ordered. I had a 4 week delay on mine. Tom kept me informed but it did take awhile. Good luck.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
I did the Racetach seat with the ACR X brackets in my ACR too.

Problem was that my installer cut the rear seat mounting bolts during the bracket install and now there's no way to easily re-install the OE seat.

Next time, I'll have a bracket made that will allow the use of either seat like some of our other track guys have done, so I won't need the ACR X weld in bracket.

I'd do more "homework" before welding in the ACR X brackets.

Dan

Smokin' 2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are in the brainstorming phase of modifying the X bracket to be able to return to stock seats easier. I will not be cutting the stock mount points. I would not recommend the X bracket unless you plan on running the Racetech pretty exclusively.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456