acrx headers what size is best ?

nismobrown

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i want to fit a new set headers on my 97 gts .
i have a 3" corsa cat back.
k and n and smooth tubes.
can anyone tell me if the 1 3/4" acrx headers will be suitable or are the 1 5/8" a better bet ?
i am thinking of fitting the larger diameter in case i want to tune the car more in the future.
thanks!

Glen97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the ACRX headers on my 97. I went with 1 5/8 upper part of header and 1 3/4 lower part the same as the ACRX. Give Todd a call at BBG. Nice power & sound.

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i want to fit a new set headers on my 97 gts .
i have a 3" corsa cat back.
k and n and smooth tubes.
can anyone tell me if the 1 3/4" acrx headers will be suitable or are the 1 5/8" a better bet ?
i am thinking of fitting the larger diameter in case i want to tune the car more in the future.
thanks!

nismobrown,

You'll be fine both ways on your GTS or RT 10. The 1 5/8" stepped to 1 3/4" merger header work extremely well in the V10's stock configuration with standard modifications ( Roller Rockers 1.7 upgrade, smooth tube & high flow filter intake systems, high flow cat back mufflers, light flywheel, gears and tune ), good to 550 - 600 crank hp. Back pressure, velocity & scavage of this 1 5/8" to 1 3/4" stepped headers is why they respond on this platform.

If your looking specifically at S/C, high compression head & cam N/A packages then going to the 1 3/4" staight through design would be my recommendation with out doubt.

Toddy

OP
OP
N

nismobrown

Viper Owner
Reaction score
thanks!

are the measurements ID or OD on these headers ?

will they throw a check engine light ?

do the exhaust ports match up well to both size headers ?

if I fit the 1 3/4 " with the intention of further mods but end up not getting further mods done, will it spoil the way the car drives ?

can i re fit my stock header heat shields ?

can I wrap cats with ceramic bandage to protect sills ?

nismobrown,

You'll be fine both ways on your GTS or RT 10. The 1 5/8" stepped to 1 3/4" merger header work extremely well in the V10's stock configuration with standard modifications ( Roller Rockers 1.7 upgrade, smooth tube & high flow filter intake systems, high flow cat back mufflers, light flywheel, gears and tune ), good to 550 - 600 crank hp. Back pressure, velocity & scavage of this 1 5/8" to 1 3/4" stepped headers is why they respond on this platform.

If your looking specifically at S/C, high compression head & cam N/A packages then going to the 1 3/4" staight through design would be my recommendation with out doubt.

Toddy

Last edited: