Added "water wetter" and BEAT ILLSMOQ....

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
lo

I have ps2s also, but 18s ... should be a good time.

Jon

so I've heard..only the way I heard it went more like this..." He smokey! I see this grey viper with your plate and it had acura nsx wheels!!"

hahaha I informed this person that these were in fact the light weight SSR wheels but he didn't sound too impressed...:dunno:

sunday will be fun

OP
OP
M

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
lol.. i think i just figured out why we are having different traction issues..

I'm running 18s and you guys are running 20s? That'll explain the difference, 20s actually help to hold the power down, where as my 18s act like gears, and makes it easier to get it to break free.. i bet 20s with 3.33s are near 19s on the 3.07s.. so basicaly im running a shorter gear then u guys...

oh well, guess my STOCK PAXTON car isnt so bad after all.. lol

and its interesting, because we all have slightly different set up, we are all running the same boost (seriously i havent changed my pully at all) yet you guys have headers, and no cats, and lighter rotors.. so it will be interesting to see where things vary.. like from a dig... from a roll (different mph)... etc..

I have ps2s also, but 18s ... should be a good time.

Jon

I didnt know you ran on 18"s. Besides gearing help, it probably makes you a hair quicker because you have less weight and less rotational mass. I know I used to keep up with ILLSMOQ when we were N/A, he had about 10 more hp, but I had lighter Sidewinder wheels at the time and he had 19/20 HRE's.

I never knew how much rotational mass affected these cars until I put the lighter Stoptechs on.

Jon, did you ever dyno your car on a Dynojet?

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dynoed that 1 time and got like 640 or 639 hp. I posted it i think.. I'll have to check.. it was the same day my buddy robert pulled 410 or 420 hp. Needless to say, i wasnt all that impressed with my stock paxton kit. I was hoping for the 700+ some guys had supposedly gotten on this stock kits.. Who is that one guy who is on here says he got 720+ on a basic kit..

Jon

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
ps.. my nsx wheels are going to roll yer 20s all the way to the finish line.... :)

From a stoplight.....maybe, but 3rd gear roll, i just dont see it happening. Maybe against ILLSMOQ, but mine is feeling pretty strong after the tune, gears and rotors. We will see...all in fun.
Well look for a Copperhead parked on side street by Volvo tomorrow, I think Im going to drive the Viper in tomorrow. If your driving by, you can do what ILLSMOQ and I do when we go past eachothers work.... Just drop a gear and punch it. I'll know who it is. :2tu:

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well look for a Copperhead parked on side street by Volvo tomorrow, I think Im going to drive the Viper in tomorrow. If your driving by, you can do what ILLSMOQ and I do when we go past eachothers work.... Just drop a gear and punch it. I'll know who it is. :2tu:

BIRDCALL!!!

From a stoplight.....maybe, but 3rd gear roll, i just dont see it happening. Maybe against ILLSMOQ, but mine is feeling pretty strong after the tune, gears and rotors. We will see...all in fun. :2tu:

"maybe against ILLSMOQ"?? aren't we cocky.....are YOU man enough to run me yet or are you still pissed because I won't tell you what "the secret mod" is???:lmao:

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ok, list ur mods.. and lets see what we are all looking at...

I'm telling you if smoq will put his tag on the line.. i think I'll have the same one I have now, except it says california at the top instead of illinois :)

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
....stock w/ only a stock paxton :D

Excellent.. so is mine.... course some stocks are more stock then others... so we'll just have to see who's stock car runs better..

i have a feeling this new found membership in the northern cal stock paxton club is going to cost me more money...(staying stock of course) :eater:

Jon

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
iwin.JPG

OP
OP
M

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Somebodies been busted................

Stock Paxton my a$$

Qouted from Jon in January.....
"If you want a 700 rwhp+ car, let me know...
I'd sell the car.... for 79k.. (easily have over 120k in it, all receipts to show) photos are in my gallary...

Car has: Paxton S/C, Comp Coupe oil pan & swing arm, DLM Inter cooler and water pump, Archer e-brake relocator, chin guard, ACT Clutch, Fidenza Flywheel, Dan Craig SCT tune w/ hand held tuner, lower spring caps, Team Tech 6 points, 10 disc Changer, RB1, I-Pod system (the one that really works with the RB1, not an AUX BS Deal), B&M Ripper Shifter, Custom (thanks Dad) lowered stock shifter, 6 Wheels, 6 PS2s, 2 ps1s, 4 Hoosiers, 2 BFGs, Accusump oiler system, Random Tech High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat Back, and I'm sure a host of other things I can't remember at 3 am (back on EST!!! for the weekend ..yay !!).

Milage is at something under 16k IF memory serves me correctly, car is currently at Woodhouse Dodge (who I bought it from NEW in 06).. car ran 10.90's@ 132mph and dyno'd 640 rwhp, and thats BEFORE the DLM intercool & pump, Dan Craig SCT Tune, ACT Clutch and Fidenza Flywheel (all install in the last 2 months). Wont know the new numbers until Spring time (but certainly could get them before if needed).

I think I have the relivant information down now. (whoops, forgot to add, that starting on page 2 I think of my gallary is my 06 Slate w/ Silver Stripes (from the factory) with a TON of photos, showing my various wheel combinations I have tried. Currently on the car, and are my favs, the SSRs (I got rid of the stockers and ACRs).

PJJP

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I wish I was out there with you guys...would love to have some fun.

OP
OP
M

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I wish I was out there with you guys...would love to have some fun.

Come on out, theres houses for sale and jobs to apply for. We could always use another supercharged Viper.:2tu:

In fact I think veryone with Vipers should just move here, we can drive year round and just play all weekend long. :drive::headbang:

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Somebodies been busted................

Stock Paxton my a$$

Qouted from Jon in January.....
"If you want a 700 rwhp+ car, let me know...
I'd sell the car.... for 79k.. (easily have over 120k in it, all receipts to show) photos are in my gallary...

Car has: Paxton S/C, Comp Coupe oil pan & swing arm, DLM Inter cooler and water pump, Archer e-brake relocator, chin guard, ACT Clutch, Fidenza Flywheel, Dan Craig SCT tune w/ hand held tuner, lower spring caps, Team Tech 6 points, 10 disc Changer, RB1, I-Pod system (the one that really works with the RB1, not an AUX BS Deal), B&M Ripper Shifter, Custom (thanks Dad) lowered stock shifter, 6 Wheels, 6 PS2s, 2 ps1s, 4 Hoosiers, 2 BFGs, Accusump oiler system, Random Tech High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat Back, and I'm sure a host of other things I can't remember at 3 am (back on EST!!! for the weekend ..yay !!).......I have tried. Currently on the car, and are my favs, the SSRs (I got rid of the stockers and ACRs).

....hmm....while Jon's car is definatly "stock", it's not quite as "stock" as you car or my car MikeR:quack: ..... I definatly think my car is more "stock" anyway.

....kinda quiet over there Jonny:poke:

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
....hmm....while Jon's car is definatly "stock", it's not quite as "stock" as you car or my car MikeR:quack: ..... I definatly think my car is more "stock" anyway.

....kinda quiet over there Jonny:poke:

Yeah, like I said .. .STOCK... :dunno:

lol. It only took you guys for ever to find that... thats really why i kept joking about being stock, I knew I posted that a while ago, and was pretty sure folks new about it.. lol.. :lmao:

Anyways, put the tag on the line, and let see if my stock can stack up to your stock...

OR R U AFRAID?

I can problably get a cooler tag anyways, but it would be a nice warm fuzzy if I knew I beat you out of ours :headbang:

So back to what I said, I think its interesting how we all aproached "stock" with our cars, and thats why i think we'll see variances in what that ultimately means in 1/4 mile times (et, 60 foot, mph, 1/8 times, etc..) And of course on the road...

But in all serious ness, without my bfgs (which are still in chicago), traction is CERTAINLY an issue, on a HOT day, with HOT tires..... everyone can spin cold... I can spin HOT...

I'll show ya.. as I fish tail by you slow bo's....:D

Stock..
Jon

OP
OP
M

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I never saw that post until ILLSMOQ dug it up. Last post from you was your run at the track that I saw. I thought you had stock Paxton, no DLM stuff, no tune. I remeber you asking me about the Corsa, so I knew you had that. Also didnt know about the 18's.

As fun as it is to hide stuff, like when ILLSMOQ hid his supercharger for like 2 weeks and I couldnt figure out how he always just edged me out, wheen 2 weeks prior I had barely pulled him. Finally I saw thru the hood and noticed a nice big red Paxton filter.lol
But I usually put it all out there. I dont hide any mods. If I beat you, its mostly the car. But if we go road race or drag two stock SRT's, then its all driver.
Still it will be interesting to see where we all stack up.... Maybe I'll have to take the ILLSMOQ tag. lol
But Kurtis does have seniority on that tag( had it about 10 years now), hell SMOQ is the last four digits of his phone number, its his tag on every freaking website and its his XBOX online tag. So you would be forcing him to change his life.

And Jon, what happened, I didnt see a Viper blow by Stevens Creek today??

OP
OP
M

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
And you could always get "ME TOO"

That way if we are out and smoke some vettes or Mustangs, when Kurtis blows by, his plate will say "ILLSMOQ" and yours can say "ME TOO" and I'll ditch my DRIFTTN" tag and put "I WIL TOO"

K, nevermind, that might be kinda ***..... But as you'll find, thats the way Kurtis likes to be.

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
lol. If you follow the trail of my posts, when I was talking to you guys a long time ago (aka 8 months?) I was honestly, pretty much STOCK paxton... then i got power greedy, and kept thinking about what woodhouse could do to make the car faster (and keep my warranty with them). So I started with the exhaust which I got help from you guys and Final GTS and then a few months later, I did the DLM and the tune. All of it FREELY posted on this forum... I honestly thought you guys knew my mods.. I dont hide them either... I actually prefer people know my mods so that when I clip off kick ass times like 10.90s@130's they know thats pretty damn good for just my mods..

keep in mind those TIMES.. were NOT with the DLM, Alumn flywheel, and the Tune.. I seriously think I'm going to hurt you boys... and its going to be all smilzzzzz :D

I always believe in run-what-ya-brung, and no crying as to why you lost.. so when I beat you boys smile... cuz if you do me too, I'll be smiling also..

No one is ever on top for long..

Jon

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ps. Passing on the smoq love **** stuff... not my thing.. lol..

I was original in IL, so if smoq has had his for 10 years, I certainly know he beat me to it.. (I even asked him about his tag when I first got to thinking about mine in IL).

I have a few more I have wanted to try.. so it might be time to retire my 'smoq' and get something else.. (even though I have a while before I will be registering in Cali, so for a while there will be duplicates).

Jon

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, like I said .. .STOCK... :dunno:

lol. It only took you guys for ever to find that... thats really why i kept joking about being stock, I knew I posted that a while ago, and was pretty sure folks new about it.. lol.. :lmao:

Anyways, put the tag on the line, and let see if my stock can stack up to your stock...

OR R U AFRAID?

I can problably get a cooler tag anyways, but it would be a nice warm fuzzy if I knew I beat you out of ours :headbang:

So back to what I said, I think its interesting how we all aproached "stock" with our cars, and thats why i think we'll see variances in what that ultimately means in 1/4 mile times (et, 60 foot, mph, 1/8 times, etc..) And of course on the road...

But in all serious ness, without my bfgs (which are still in chicago), traction is CERTAINLY an issue, on a HOT day, with HOT tires..... everyone can spin cold... I can spin HOT...

I'll show ya.. as I fish tail by you slow bo's....:D

Stock..
Jon

never really paid attention but you kept saying it was "stock" and "never even changed the pulley" so I got a little suspicious and started digging.

anyway....I told you to bring it so bring it....my question to you is what are you bringing? I've turned down big money for the plate so if you want to go for it your gonna put something up for the chance to get it.

and around here, it's from 60-70 roll...your PS2's will give you enough grip....

OP
OP
M

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Honestly, I hope you dont beat ILLSMOQ. As soon as I did last week, he cried. He hadnt been beat in a long, long time. So he just spent about $4k in rotors, gears, 08 Hood, etc.

Now if you beat him, he WILL spend more money to be on top. lol
I'll just smile and accept defeat. I know Im faster then 99% of the others in our area.

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Honestly, I hope you dont beat ILLSMOQ. As soon as I did last week, he cried. He hadnt been beat in a long, long time. So he just spent about $4k in rotors, gears, 08 Hood, etc.

Now if you beat him, he WILL spend more money to be on top. lol
I'll just smile and accept defeat. I know Im faster then 99% of the others in our area.

I don't think I cried...I'm pretty sure I laughed and told you to enjoy it while you can...I drove the car today and it feels fast....:drive:

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh I stated the no pully change thing, because I pretty much have maxed out the potential of the system until you throw more boost at it, and I cant do that without voiding the warranty, so I wont do that.

So when I beat you guys... and i will.. I dont want you guys to claim/blame me getting more boost..

Instead I focused on speed vs BLING...

Jon

PS. Offer up for the tag? Oh just pride... I GUESS... OR we could make a deal if I LOSE, YOU get to pick my tag (omg.. that could be insanely stupid 4 me).

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh I stated the no pully change thing, because I pretty much have maxed out the potential of the system until you throw more boost at it, and I cant do that without voiding the warranty, so I wont do that.

So when I beat you guys... and i will.. I dont want you guys to claim/blame me getting more boost..

Instead I focused on speed vs BLING...

Jon

PS. Offer up for the tag? Oh just pride... I GUESS... OR we could make a deal if I LOSE, YOU get to pick my tag (omg.. that could be insanely stupid 4 me).

I can't wait to see how we stack up.

....if I were Mike, your plate would most likely read something like this.... ILSTROQ

OP
OP
M

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Awe yeaaaaaaaaaaaa
Just got a Birdcall from the new Coupe in town.

Sounds nice and healthy Jon. Looks good too, I was able to turn and look out window and see you go by, black wheels look mean.:2tu:

BLWNGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think I cried...I'm pretty sure I laughed and told you to enjoy it while you can...I drove the car today and it feels fast....:drive:

Nahhh... Smoq doesn't cry. He pounds on keyboards and throws computers when he loses!! hahahhaa

I am actually pissed I am going to miss the big show! unfortunately... many women and ******* are calling me in Vegas for Rehab so while you are all stroking each other off up Highway 9.... I will be getting women to stroke me in Vegas!! hahaha

Ya Jon... have fun man. We are a good crew to go mess with and you will have a blast here. Just be careful... Mike and Kurtis have been dating for years so watch who you hit on!!
:2tu:

ohh ya... Mike... Bird call on the way!