Added "water wetter" and BEAT ILLSMOQ....

jimmy6383

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And when we race again, if we dont have passengers in car to equal the wieght out, Im making him put a 50lb bag of dog food in passenger seat so that the playing field is even.:D

You guys are hilarious! I wish I lived closer so I could play too!! :D

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From what I understand MikeR meant because he has shorter gears he would have to shift sooner while ILLSMOQ still had some room left, so ILLSMOQ would gain some ground while MikeR shifted. I was thinking with that being the case MikeR would gain the ground back when ILLSMOQ had to shift. But I'm sure MikeR will chime in.
ok, I get it now. I am shooting for 800 rwhp w/ my Paxton. I think it might be better to stay w/ the stock rear end w/ that much power, right?

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pteam, I saw a Murcielago yesterday on the highway, a rust orange one...WOW! Those things look like a spaceship on 4 wheels! Amazingly exotic and simply gorgeous! Pictures dont begin to do those things justice! Only a real life visual does the Murci's justice!

OP
OP
M

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
ok, I get it now. I am shooting for 800 rwhp w/ my Paxton. I think it might be better to stay w/ the stock rear end w/ that much power, right?

I always heard people say the stock rear end was junk. I had 13k hard miles on it, many donuts, burnouts and races with alot of wheel hop. Guess it took its toll. I started noticing one leggers and knew something was up. After finding big metal chinks, I swapped it out. Jon B said the posi is junk on the SRT.

So with your power I would 100% get a exchange unit from Parts rack, with the Quaife already installed and Id bump up to 3:33's Even with 800rwhp, that gear should still work great for the freeway runs. 3:55's will be too much. The Quaife is warrantied for life and Ive already done some launches and the quaife feels good. Lays nice posi strips too. :D
And in the hills it feels good on the throttle out of turns.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
FYI, just swapped stock rotors for Stoptech Aero rotors (2008 ACR rotors).

Weighed them and found 7.5 lb weight savings per rotor or 30 lbs total. Car felt crisper, turned in better, stopped better and accelerated better too. Good upgrade, call JonB.

Still not a fan of 3.33's, but depends on your power level.

Love the Quaife.

Wish you guys would stop by next time you head to Mexico for a run.

Dan

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So this supports Naders view to go to lighter wheels too. Nader you were right all along!! :D

If you gained acceleration by reducing rotational mass, that also means we should get rid of the stock run-flat brick-of-a-wheel right? Go w/ Sidewinders or the like. But the ACR has very light wheels (and lighter rotors?) and is overall lighter than the stock GEn 4 wheels, yet we only see .1 sec advantage in the 1/4 mile?

dragon rider

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The front splitter and rear spoiler slow the acr down in the 1/4 mile because of the downforce created. On the track, it's another story. The downforce helps it stick to the track.

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey MikeR, from the dig, who wins between u "crazy-ass" two from say 0-150? BTW, both you two are incredible drivers!:2tu:

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey MikeR, from the dig, who wins between u "crazy-ass" two from say 0-150? BTW, both you two are incredible drivers!:2tu:

We havent raced from a stop with the paxtons. I guess thats the next vid, next time we get on a closed course. I always am able to launch better then kurtis. But with the paxtons, we would both be traction limited. With current setups, my car would be faster to 150. After Kurtis does a couple of his mods, its anyones game.

You have got to get a paxton!!! I walked a 600 rwhp Mustang by like 4-5 cars. This was a month ago, before tune, rear end with 3:33's and rotors. I would absolutely have demolished him now. Your car should be able to make a good 700+ safe rwhp. Add Stoptech rotors, Quaife with 3:33's and no one in your State will touch you on the street.
And your car will still be a "reliable" daily driver.

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Mike is better. After blowing two transmissions I'm too much of a wuss to even try running him from dead stop.....I'll do freeway runs all day long....in Mexico of course ;)

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
FYI, just swapped stock rotors for Stoptech Aero rotors (2008 ACR rotors).

Weighed them and found 7.5 lb weight savings per rotor or 30 lbs total. Car felt crisper, turned in better, stopped better and accelerated better too. Good upgrade, call JonB.

Still not a fan of 3.33's, but depends on your power level.

Love the Quaife.

Wish you guys would stop by next time you head to Mexico for a run.

Dan

Dan what did you think of the 3.55? You had/have that ratio correct?

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys make me want to move out there to join the fun! :woot:
Believe it or not, I am undefeated w/ my 528 rwhp up here in CT! I can get no serious takers up here. Sure, I get Audi's, Beemers, Infinitis and Evos and Vettes all day long. I ****** them. I have gotten so desperate for action, hell, I raced a Cadillac STS that was hounding me the other night:sadpace:
Word has somewhat spread about the SRT w/ over 600 hp in Hamden, CT.:ouch: and no one will play. Even my Viper buddies up here are mostly stock, and they even act shy when it comes to play....***????:dunno:

I gotta relocate..its a quality of life issue!!

Last edited:

jimmy6383

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys make me want to move out there to join the fun! :woot:
Believe it or not, I am undefeated w/ my 528 rwhp up here in CT! I can get no serious takers up here. Sure, I get Audi's, Beemers, Infinitis and Evos and Vettes all day long. I ****** them. I have gotten so desperate for action, hell, I raced a Cadillac STS that was hounding me the other night:sadpace:
Word has somewhat spread about the SRT w/ over 600 hp in Hamden, CT.:ouch: and no one will play. Even my Viper buddies up here are mostly stock, and they even act shy when it comes to play....***????:dunno:

I gotta relocate..its a quality of life issue!!

HAHA!! I'm laughing and crying. I have the same exact issue in west MI. I think I can top your STS though..... I embarrassed a Saturn Vue Redline that was revving his engine at me at a stoplight and seemed like a *****. :rolleyes:

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HAHA!! I'm laughing and crying. I have the same exact issue in west MI. I think I can top your STS though..... I embarrassed a Saturn Vue Redline that was revving his engine at me at a stoplight and seemed like a *****. :rolleyes:
OMG! Now thats just wrong...dead wrong!:rolaugh:

pteam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
exactly how much water wetter are you supposted to add? The guy at the store told me the whole bottle and it says on the back 2 ounce (3-4 capfuls) per quart or 1 bottle per automovitve cooling system of 12-20 quarts. You said you added a few capfuls. ???

Last edited:

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm pretty stock with just the base paxton system, and the 06, which is KNOWN for having a less aggressive pcm and typically dyno lower. So if you guys dont mind, I'd like to see how my stocker paxton system compares to your monsters.

that loud exhaust is simply holes I have drilled through the mufflers....

See you guys sunday!

BTW, with all this power, dont you guys have traction problems? are you both running ps2s ?

Jon

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:headbang::headbang:
I'm pretty stock with just the base paxton system, and the 06, which is KNOWN for having a less aggressive pcm and typically dyno lower. So if you guys dont mind, I'd like to see how my stocker paxton system compares to your monsters.

that loud exhaust is simply holes I have drilled through the mufflers....

See you guys sunday!

BTW, with all this power, dont you guys have traction problems? are you both running ps2s ?

Jon

Seeing how our cars stack up to yours was already part of the plan :headbang:

We hook up pretty good on the PS2's on hot days they stick in 2nd....and sometimes 1st!

3rd gear rolls is the norm.....no traction issues in 3rd.

OP
OP
M

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It will be fun to have another supercharged Viper in the Mix. We keep working on our other buddy (Steve) BLWNGTS, he used to have the fastest car out of us. he had a Roe S/C B/W GTS. Now he has a B/W 06 Coupe. But it just has exhaust. Also a friend with a C6 supercharged Vette and then a few street bikes.

Jon, you'll find you will be one of the fastest in ou area, theres a few quick Mustangs and Vettes, but you should still pull them with paxton on a stock setup.
This weekend should be fun. Good weather too.

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
3rd gear rolls is the norm.....no traction issues in 3rd.

NO ?? I'm gonna own you 'bit ches' then..... (if I can get the grip) Cuz I definitely lose traction in 3rd towards the top... I only ********* pass people in 4th, as then i am assured its planted and wont come out on me..

oh.. and again.. stock w/ only a stock paxton :D

BTW smok'em ... how about we put our tags on the line? Highlander, since there can ONLY be one, why dont we let the faster guy have it ?? :dunno: :lmao:

Excited to meet up with you guys this weekend!

Jon

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What are you guys running at the track? With almost 700 at the wheels you should be running low tens at about 140mph. High 9's with slicks, is that about right?

OP
OP
M

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What are you guys running at the track? With almost 700 at the wheels you should be running low tens at about 140mph. High 9's with slicks, is that about right?

Jon ran 10.90's on drag radials I think on his first trip to drag strip with paxton. Most Paxton vipers in the 650-700rwhp range are only hitting high 10's in the low 130 mph range. Mostly due to traction issues. I havent ran mine at track with paxton yet. I wont run slicks or drags. I dont want to snap anything.

Besides , I didnt do the paxton for drag racing. It was more for owning everyone on the freeway. Which my car has done, so Im happy. It is a monster in 3rd gear roll ons. But I feel very confident that i can go to track and run high 10's with my setup on street tires.

OP
OP
M

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
NO ?? I'm gonna own you 'bit ches' then..... (if I can get the grip) Cuz I definitely lose traction in 3rd towards the top... I only ********* pass people in 4th, as then i am assured its planted and wont come out on me..

BTW smok'em ... how about we put our tags on the line? Highlander, since there can ONLY be one, why dont we let the faster guy have it ?? :dunno: :lmao:

Jon
Depends on your tires Jon and the weather. I will spin up top of third if its real cold out. And 2nd gear goes absoulutely no where on freeway if cold. But on a warm 80 degree day like the videos, my 20"PS2's hook up. I run lower air pressure and my 335/30/20's are about .7" taller then stock and measure same width as 345 runflats, so it helps hook up.
Im very interested to see where you stack up against us. It will be fun indeed.
There better not be any "secret' mods in that Coupe....:lmao:

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like a monster Mike, but you should get that thing on the track where you can really let it run. Nothing like being able to take control of that car right out of the hole! Have fun this weekend!

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

Bring it....but realize I've been offered thousands for the plate.....what are you putting on the line?

......don't loose your head.

either way we'll have some fun:2tu:

Jon

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
lol.. i think i just figured out why we are having different traction issues..

I'm running 18s and you guys are running 20s? That'll explain the difference, 20s actually help to hold the power down, where as my 18s act like gears, and makes it easier to get it to break free.. i bet 20s with 3.33s are near 19s on the 3.07s.. so basicaly im running a shorter gear then u guys...

oh well, guess my STOCK PAXTON car isnt so bad after all.. lol

and its interesting, because we all have slightly different set up, we are all running the same boost (seriously i havent changed my pully at all) yet you guys have headers, and no cats, and lighter rotors.. so it will be interesting to see where things vary.. like from a dig... from a roll (different mph)... etc..

I have ps2s also, but 18s ... should be a good time.

Jon

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang