Adding Nitrous to Roe Blower?

GoCanes1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What do you guys think about adding nitrous to a Roe supercharged Viper? I have a 97 GTS with headers, no cats, Dynomax mufflers (one in each sill then pipes staight back), aluminum flywheel, tubes and filters and am running 8 lb Roe. I can add rockers and 70mm throttle bodies or go with like a 100 hp dry shot. I think the bang for the buck mod is the nitrous, but have the normal nitrous worries along with traction worries when it kicks in. I do have Kuhmo's in the rear and they do help.

Just looking for that little extra just in case ;)

Thanks,
Mike

jdoc7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Can't comment on the nitrous but have you thought about going to a 10lb pulley with water/**** and re-tune. That'll give you a noticeable power increase at is cheaper than your other two options. Just a thought.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Call Sean Roe and speak to him about it. He has prepped Vipers with a Roe supercharger and nitrous. He probably is the most knowledgeable person to speak to on the combination.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh yeah baby and does it give a boost :2tu: I highly recommend a small shot(50-75 wet or dry shot). It will wake the beast up :D

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with Bob, give Sean a call. I am having a Paxton installed starting next week and was going to sell my Nitrous system but the person who was going to buy it backed out so I decided to keep it and run either a 100 or 150 shot as well. What are you hoping as far as gains? I am hoping to hit 700rwhp/775rwtq with my setup once completed. My Kuhmo's are already ordered! Now call Sean. :D

OP
OP
G

GoCanes1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the comments. I have thought about the 10lb and water/****, but was told that it would not be that effective until I increased airflow with rockers and TB's.

I also talked to Sean Roe as well as David Weaver and they were a big help on the feasability of the combo. Just wanted to see what others thought too.

OP
OP
G

GoCanes1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with Bob, give Sean a call. I am having a Paxton installed starting next week and was going to sell my Nitrous system but the person who was going to buy it backed out so I decided to keep it and run either a 100 or 150 shot as well. What are you hoping as far as gains? I am hoping to hit 700rwhp/775rwtq with my setup once completed. My Kuhmo's are already ordered! Now call Sean. :D

Are you hoping to get 700/775 on the NOS or blower only?

I did a 605rwhp/640rwtq, but that was before I deleted cats and changed out the mufflers. I am hoping for about the same as you 700-725rwhp and about 800 rwtq on the NOS if I did it.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll agree on the rockers, check the Alley for my classified ad for a set of Mopar roller rockers, but that being said, you won't see any real gains going with the 10 lbs pulley without having the heads ported and polished. I have an 8lbs pulley, thru stock heads, but with 1 3/4" headers, no cats, Dynomax Ultraflows and a 3" exhaust. I still see boost creep up to 11 lbs. A set of Greg Good heads will make a huge difference. Call Greg at 713-290-1103 :2tu:

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Are you hoping to get 700/775 on the NOS or blower only?

I did a 605rwhp/640rwtq, but that was before I deleted cats and changed out the mufflers. I am hoping for about the same as you 700-725rwhp and about 800 rwtq on the NOS if I did it.

Before I added the W/M, I was at 725RWHP/852RWTQ. I bet you're close to my numbers of 640/700 on boost alone. Awesome ride, ain't it :D

OP
OP
G

GoCanes1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Before I added the W/M, I was at 725RWHP/852RWTQ. I bet you're close to my numbers of 640/700 on boost alone. Awesome ride, ain't it :D

[/QUOTE]

Very nice numbers. Are you running dry or wet and how much? And it is an awesome ride! :headbang: There are just so many fast cars out there and I want that little extra, and the dyno numbers are nice to have too. Do you have a traction problem when it hits?

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am using the NOS 5180 kit (a dry shot), but by using the Vec 2 to enrich the fuel as the NOS hits, it acts like a wet kit. I only run the NOS at the track witht he BDG DRs and they hold pretty dam well. I would dare use the NOS on the streets, I wouldn't be able to plant the power.

ViperBing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I definitely picked up horsepower going from the 8 to the 10 lb pulley and the W/M injection. I picked up about 39 rwhp and 33 rwtq with the 10 lb pulley and the W/M injection. True, I do get some boost creep up to 11 lbs of boost, but it doesn't seem to be an issue.

King RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I definitely picked up horsepower going from the 8 to the 10 lb pulley and the W/M injection. I picked up about 39 rwhp and 33 rwtq with the 10 lb pulley and the W/M injection. True, I do get some boost creep up to 11 lbs of boost, but it doesn't seem to be an issue.

Is it possible you have those gains from just the water/****??
Because I did, using just water/****.

BlueGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i didnt think the water/**** gave any HP, just the ability to add more boost

The biggest benefit of W/M is it allows you to run more timing, which in turn adds HP.

ViperBing, what were your before and after dyno numbers?

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Water/methanol is a significant benefit especially when you consider the low cost and the fact that Roe has a kit set up for the Viper. The water/methanol 50/50 mix boosts your octane, cools the intake charge hugely and can be another source of getting fuel into your engine.

OP
OP
G

GoCanes1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay, so do I go with adding nitrous or adding water/**** and possibly another add on like roller rockers or upping to a 10lb pulley?

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would add the W/M kit and roller rockers. See what kind of power you're makeing with the upgrades, then if it's not enough, go with the NOS.

Viper TT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if you want a lot more power go with the nitrous run off the vec2 pwm switch. if you go with the water **** you will be craving more power than the **** can give. the nitrous will also aid in cooling intake temps. you should be able to run 150 shot or more.

Viper TT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if you want a lot more power go with the wet nitrous kit run off the vec2 pwm switch. if you go with the water **** you will be craving more power than the **** can give. the nitrous will also aid in cooling intake temps. you should be able to run 150 shot or more.

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Add both the nitrous and the water/****. Neither is going to break the bank and they work well together. If you have a stock fuel system, the **** will assist in adding more fuel.

2MANYTOYS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Add both the nitrous and the water/****. Neither is going to break the bank and they work well together. If you have a stock fuel system, the **** will assist in adding more fuel.

I think you need a bigger shot on your car!!! :D

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I have more miles on the mountain bike I got for Christmas than you do in a Viper.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I have more miles on the mountain bike I got for Christmas than you do in a Viper.
1882lol.jpg
1882lol.jpg
1882lol.jpg
1882lol.jpg

Plus, Toyboy owes me a race when we meet up again :D

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456