AEM vs. VEC2 & BEST POWER ADDER FOR H/C CAR???

418viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As info SCT is readying Viper engine management software for an August 06 release.

peakcompletions

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I love my Henny 650R car... awesome... hp gains from the head and cam have been backed up by other dynos... had the mopar race pcm on there and had bad idle hang.. Had DW install the AEM, picked up 20 of each hp and tq at the wheels and no more idle hang... just over 600 of each at the wheels. love it...

nos comments on this thread are kind of interesting but I am scared of hurting the motor. Would it be reliable with a conservative shot???

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love my Henny 650R car... awesome... hp gains from the head and cam have been backed up by other dynos... had the mopar race pcm on there and had bad idle hang.. Had DW install the AEM, picked up 20 of each hp and tq at the wheels and no more idle hang... just over 600 of each at the wheels. love it...

nos comments on this thread are kind of interesting but I am scared of hurting the motor. Would it be reliable with a conservative shot???

Nitrous is just like every other kind of power adder no worse no better. If you have proper air/fuel and ignition management along with all the safety features needed to keep it from back firing and activation when it should not be.

For an example I have a friend who has had nitrous on his benz for about 8 years now and he has gone through over 200 10lb bottles with no ill effects to the motor. The same friend put a nitrous kit on a supra in a rush without taking the time to test(dyno) install the safety features(nitrous shut off/filter) and he blew the motor on his second pass.

Vipermann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
As info SCT is readying Viper engine management software for an August 06 release.

Who/what is SCT? Will it be for the SRT-10? Will it be more simple than the VEC2?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4