Affordable gen 3 wheel options for track day

Keith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looking for suggestions for affordable track day wheels for a gen 3. I plan to use 315/30/18 slicks on the front and 345/35/18 slicks on the rear. I prefer not having to do any brake modifications, using spacers would not be an issue.

Last edited:

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Forgeline and OZ are good track wheels. You want to make sure the front's are 10.5" or 11" wide for the 315's.

Jon B at Parts Rack may have the OZ in stock? They are lot's cheaper new then the Foreglines.

You can also find some good used ones on the various boards and FB

You will need to do a Parking Brake relocation (to use 18" rear wheels) The kit is $75-$100 and is pretty simple to install. Good luck, Mike

Narandara

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Keith
I have a set of 4 brand new ETABETA Tettsut rims (22 x 10") if you are interested. They won't require any brake modifications.

OP
OP
K

Keith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you Mike. Do you know what if any spacers I would need with the OZ rims for a 2004 viper?

Any suggestions for a rear wing?

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you Mike. Do you know what if any spacers I would need with the OZ rims for a 2004 viper?

Any suggestions for a rear wing?

You don't need spacers on the OZ rims, they all have the same offset for 2003-2010 vipers.

If you're considering a wing then you need to get a front splitter too for aero balance. APR are the most popular Viper aftermarket set ups. You might want to ask JonB at PartsRack if he has a good wing and splitter.

randyzimmer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been watching the "Most Popular" compilation for more than a couple years after being asked for some brake cooling help. I thought I'd lurk and see how much interest there really was. Finally, a post about using a Viper on the track and not what the value of their car is.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kevsmu4