After winter hibernation 1st start

1994viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh man. I am so excited for tomorrow, as I am planning to start my 94 for the first time after long winter . Its a first start in the past 5 month, and I am a bit worried about the prolonged time the car wasn't started. Anything I should do prestart? Or is there a special way to bring it back to life? I am going to get a fresh battery in the morning and hopefully it starts without any problems.

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh man. I am so excited for tomorrow, as I am planning to start my 94 for the first time after long winter . Its a first start in the past 5 month, and I am a bit worried about the prolonged time the car wasn't started. Anything I should do prestart? Or is there a special way to bring it back to life? I am going to get a fresh battery in the morning and hopefully it starts without any problems.

You never had it on a battery tender? :confused:

ACR_VP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2nd. that on the battery tender... Otherwise make sure you still have the correct level of fluids then start it and watch the gauges :eater:

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score

She should start right up. However, if you did not have a battery tender on her for the last five months you WILL need that new battery without question. Also, if the car did not have a full tank of gas prior to storage don't be surprised if the car still has some trouble starting. THere can be some possible moisture buildup in the tank if you don't store the car with a full tank of gas. Let us know how it goes! :eater:

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
She should start right up. However, if you did not have a battery tender on her for the last five months you WILL need that new battery without question. Also, if the car did not have a full tank of gas prior to storage don't be surprised if the car still has some trouble starting. THere can be some possible moisture buildup in the tank if you don't store the car with a full tank of gas. Let us know how it goes! :eater:

Yup, and I've also learned from some members on this forum that it is a must to use STA-BIL to help keep fuel fresh during storage. I'll be buying and using it next winter. :2tu:

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't be alarmed if you hear some noisy lifters for a bit after that first start. Let her warm up, get the oil flowing and she'll quiet down. Have a fun spring cruise!

JohnnyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yup I had mine start right up after a its long storage, i'm sure the new wires and plugs helped and it was a bit noisy at first but she quieted down

OP
OP

1994viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I delayed the ignition by one more day. The Viper came alive without a hitch. What a joy. All day to myself and the car.

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just awakened my Viper and C5 yesterday. I usually let them run for at least 15 min to let the oil and fluids get through the engine before putting a load on them. I heard the lifters tick a little on the vette at first. I broke my trickle charger wire when I put it on the Viper and left it that way all winter. I jumped the Viper for 15 min and then started it on 1st try. I got lucky especially since my battery is at least 6 yrs old but it runs great and has a solid charge according to the gague.

I told my wife yesterday that it would never be worth it to sell the house unless we moved to some place with palm trees.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte