Aftermarket Side Windows And Installing Skip Shift Eliminator

MAMBA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I need some help from those who have them in deciding which after market side windows to go with for my 95 RT/10. I hate the looks of the factory soft side windows. Let me know what you think.
Also, what is the easiest way to get the car up in the air in the garage to install the skip shift eliminator? Do you raise one lift point at a time and block or put lift somewhere under the motor to raise the entire front end at one time?
Thanks.

Steamroller

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Regarding the installation of the skip-shift eliminator, one way is to jack up the car on the driver's side using one of the jack points, making sure the car is safely supported. You can then reach the skip-shift solenoid connector to install the eliminator (you should not need to remove the large belly pan under the transmission). Just remember that there are two solenoids on the driver's side of the transmission that have the same connector. One is for the skip-shift, and the other one is for the reverse-lockout. The skip-shift solenoid is the one closer to the front of the car.

'01 Big Bird

Viper Owner
Reaction score
There is an illustrated manual on this site under the "How to" section up top. It is tricky with the stock car jack and you should take great care to make sure the car is on level ground. You jack from the driver's side jack point just behind the front wheel, get it up high so you can slide underneath.

Set the parking brake AFTER you finish raising the car and give yourself insurance by chocking the wheels and putting jack stands or other suitable load bearing equipment under the frame. There is NO ROOM for your body and head if the jack fails! Make sure somebody is keeping an eye on you as well.

The coupler inserts at the front left of the tranny, pull it apart and insert your eliminator couplers. Drop the car and test by accelerating slow in first, wait for the arrow, then shift into second. If it still won't let you, you probably pulled the wrong coupler and it is back to the drawing board. Watch the reverse gear because the prevention coupler is probably the one you pulled accidentally.

Good luck.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960