Alarm going off by itself.....

SteveBCloud9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone have your vehicle's alarm go off say, sitting in your locked garage? It's happened to me 3 times now over the last few months. It just goes off for no reason.

I have it at the dealer now and of course, they can't get it to do it. There's nothing in the computer and all of the alarm switches check out....

I think it's still a switch somewhere. I wanted to see if anyone here has had the same thing happen to them and what the problem was....

knuk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just had the hood switch replaced yesterday as my alarm was going off in my garage.

knuk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well it never woke me up last night!
I had the same problem on my GTS and the hood switch took care of it...it's covered under warranty so why not just have them install it?

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
haha, reminds me of that Mercedes CLK I once encountered during work ecperience :D Came in the dealership with the alarm going off spontaneous all the time, I replaced several horns and did some other things, but nothing would work. Eventually the car hushed up by itself, leaving the mystery unsolved as to what on earth could be the cause :confused:

Epro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, you wouldn't happen to own any animals by any chance? Could be a tampered sensor... In my parents impala, the airbag sensor had gotten wet and the light wouldn't go off. So I'd advise you put a surveillence in your garage... You never know :p

OP
OP
S

SteveBCloud9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was a wire that was frayed under the dash leading to the hood sensor. The dealership replaced the entire line and no more problems....