Alarm not working right, three chirps on arming

V10 ACR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I hope some one can point me in the right direction for help. My alarm stopped working correctly about three months ago. When I arm it, it chirps three times instead of one. I tried new batteries in the fobs and a new car battery and I have reprogramed the fobs twice. Still, when I arm it, it chirps three times. However, if I leave the hood ajar or the door open, it only chirps once. It there a way to reset the EEM? I had the dealer check each of the sensors and he says that they are all ok. Any ideas? Thanks.

BruceW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a spare EEM (for a '99 but it might work for a '00) if you think your unit is bad.
Bruce

Ulysses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I suspect that you might have a hood sensor that is out of position. They tend to slide down after so many hood open and close cycles. Try raising it a few notches.

OP
OP
V

V10 ACR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Bruce, Thanks for the offer but the 99 is not a match for the 2000.
Uly, I tried to adjust the hood latch and I am sure that it is good and that it is making contact. I poped the hood, depressed the contact with one hand and pressed the alarm button with the other hand and still I get the three chirps. Any other ideas?
Thanks

Ulysses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have you tried resetting the alarm through the key hole in the glove box? If that doesn't work, you can reset the alarm by disconnecting the battery and letting it sit for 30 minutes before reconnecting. If that fails, you can also try pulling the EEM, wait five minutes and then putting it back in.

3 honks means that it thinks the car has been tampered with.