Alarm Reset Switch in '02 GTS

0260in3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alarm Reset Switch in \'02 GTS

I recently removed the center console in my '02 GTS to install racing harnesses. I had to disconnect the alarm reset mechanism behind the glovebox. Now when I try to set the alarm the horn beeps 3 times and opening the hood doesn't set it off (the doors lock thankfully). I have disconnected/connected the battery and have a feeling I might not have gotten everything correct in reinstalling the reset mechanism. There is a clear tab on the mechanism that I'm not sure how it comes into play. Does anyone have any tips for reconnecting the mechanism? The service manual doesn't go into this level of detail except to say that if the horn beeps 3x upon unlocking, the car has been tampered with. My horn beeps 3x upon setting. Thanks in advance.

Terry

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Re: Alarm Reset Switch in \'02 GTS

I vaguely recall seeing the same problem on a friend's 01...on the driver's side of the console, up high...there was a small connector that he failed to reconnect properly when changing to racing seat/harnesses...when this wire was properly connected, alarm was fine. Wish that I could remember more!!! Hopefully, others will jump in here.

OP
OP

0260in3

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks for your post...maybe I'm not the only one who's experienced this condition. I did some more testing and if I turn the key in the reset switch counter-clockwise and hold it I can set the alarm but as soon as I release the key the alarm becomes disarmed. I wish the Service Manual gave a little more detail about reconnecting the wiring.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score

I'll try to catch my buddy and see if he can remember exactly what we found.