Alarm/starting problem

dawgman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hello all,
I am having alarm and starting problems with a '95 RT/10. I believe I left the mirror light on and drained the battery. Hooked up a 10 amp charger for awhile and tried to start the car. It ran, but quit. I also cannot operate the alarm system. I have read alot of the posts on this, and talked to Jon and Chuck. I have gone through the reset process with the green wire, but it does not work. I have tried the ACC on/off procedure, no luck there either. I have disconnected the battery from under the hood, and re-connected it. The lights blink for a few minutes, then stop. Still can't reset the alarm. The batteries in the FOB are new, and so is the car battery. It's just that none of the reset procedures work. The car has a secondary alarm system, but I don't think it's interfering. Any thoughts on what to do next?? It worked fine 'til the battery went down.
Thanks,
Steve

OP
OP
D

dawgman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hello again,
Good news, it looks like I may have found the problem. There is a little metal piece in the key FOB right by the batteries. I must have bent it over too much when I put the new batteries in, thus it wasn't making contact with the circuit board. I little adjustment, and it worked!! Seems like one problem can lead to others! Anyway, I'm done for the night so I'll see if it still works in the morning! Got a blizzard to contend with now!!
Steve

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ar Tee Ten