"Alcantara" Steering wheels.......

VJR3

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have been wanting to get my stock Gen2 steering wheel wrapped in "Alcantara". I have done a "search" and emailed Tony @ Venzano, he said he doesn't wrap wheels in that material and doesn't think it would be durable for track use. Has anybody done this? Where/who does the work? About how much does/did it cost?

JLorello

Viper Owner
Reaction score
There was a SoCal member at the car control clinic with an alcantara steering wheel. Hopefully someone from my region picks this up and comments.

If I remember it wasn't overly expensive to do either.

cubican

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats my wheel still love it, if you want your wheel done there is a place in dallas that does a great job. dallassteeringwheel.com

OP
OP
V

VJR3

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wow.............your wheel is beautiful..........I will definitly give dallassteeringwheel.com a call..........what was turn around time time on them doing your wheel? How was there service?

kllymartin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wow.............your wheel is beautiful..........I will definitly give dallassteeringwheel.com a call..........what was turn around time time on them doing your wheel? How was there service?

That's who did my wheel, console top, shifter and ebrake boot. Turn around was about a week.

You must be registered for see images attach

cubican

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The place that did my steering wheel was in south texas its called Down South Vettes or DSV you can do a google and find them. they just finish another wheel for my brother pic. they do more of a custom job, but if you want just a recover job the dallas place is great and half the price..

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's who did my wheel, console top, shifter and ebrake boot. Turn around was about a week.

Nice work Kelly! Got any pics of the rest of that interior? Costs?

kllymartin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Dallas Steering wheel doesn't just recover wheels. They will reshape, add padding, add thumb grips, etc, etc...

kllymartin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Nice work Kelly! Got any pics of the rest of that interior? Costs?

I paid less than $800 for all of it. I hope to have the dash pad and rest of the factory plastic covered this winter.

Noticably thicker...

The rest of the stuff, and the console top door is nicely padded now....

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How do you keep the steering wheel clean? I would have thought that it would transfer even more stuff from your hands to the material since it is a rougher texture than the stock leather surface.

To the OP: Dampen a white cloth towel or rag and rub/clean your steering wheel grip surfaces. I'd expect that whatever comes off is going to be more difficult to remove from alcantara. Here's some more opinions from users: pos and neg. http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/997/228618-alcantara-standard-leather.html

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very, very nice Kelly, I will look into this for my dated looking gen 4. I would be nice to do the whole car! Let me know what it goes for.. If there's a way to swap out the gen 5 interior into the 4, I'd be all over that as well!

QUICKSRT10/SRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Iv seen a few lambos with that done and overtime the steering wheel started looking like ****. I believe the Cadillac cts v comes with it done from the factory

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There was a SoCal member at the car control clinic with an alcantara steering wheel. Hopefully someone from my region picks this up and comments.

If I remember it wasn't overly expensive to do either.

DSC003981.JPG

robiferretti

Enthusiast
Reaction score
saw a ACR roadster in Lamborghini Miami Service area with full alcantara interior. No pictures though, was in service area and the owner wasn't there for me to ask permission.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21