All you Graphite/Silver Stripe lovers

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm sure it won't sell for whatever price they want for it...thats why they still have it in their showroom

It truly is a gorgeous car

2000 GTS Owner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This about the 10th time this car has been listed on ebay in 7 month's. I would love to buy it and put in in a bubble,then maybe I start driving mine.

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This about the 10th time this car has been listed on ebay in 7 month's. I would love to buy it and put in in a bubble,then maybe I start driving mine.

It sure does point out why it is a bad idea to avoid driving a Viper in order to keep the mileage down. I used to "worry" that I was devaluing my car by driving it. I think that has a lot to do with reading all of the posts on this forum telling people to avoid high mileage cars with numbers above 15K miles.

I decided that I would treat my car like it was intended to be, and enjoy it. The drop in values helps also. I wouldn't recommend buying a very low mileage car to anyone who was actually going to use it to have fun with on a regular basis.

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wonder if you get a full factory warranty since its still on MSO...

Says the car is used and there is no warranty. I suspect it has been titled before and has been sitting in a collectors garage for a while now. The dealer it is at is not a Dodge dealer but a collector car dealer instead.

It is in Las Vegas, you never know it may go for a descent buck. I would love to own that car, it is one of the best colors the Viper was ever made in (along with Sapphire, Graphite and Black) and looks to be perfect. Somebody will get a great deal on an awesome car due to this horrible economy. I think a lot of people are going to be kicking themselves for not taking advantage of these great deals when things eventually turn around. IMHO the Viper GTS is the next mid year vette, it has all the same qualities, timeless design, high horse power and low production numbers. It is just a matter of time... :2tu: :usa: I can remember looking at a beautiful tri power C3 convertible back in the early 80 for $1500. I just wish I bought that car back then and still had it. I turned it down because I did not want to deal with the tri power carbs. Well that and the fact that I did not have $1500. :lmao:

cyaford

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Says the car is used and there is no warranty. I suspect it has been titled before and has been sitting in a collectors garage for a while now. The dealer it is at is not a Dodge dealer but a collector car dealer instead.

I'm horrible at reading. It does list one previous owner, but I thought Chapman Dodge would be a Dodge Dealer, unless Chapman Motors is a collector car dealer? :confused:

I guess the main thing is that there will be no warranty due to a previous owner being listed.

OP
OP
B

BlackSnake99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I may be wrong, and some of the dealers on the board may correct me, but the car is still on the MSO. Once a car is EVER titled it cannot go back on the MSO. So that would mean it had never been sold to an individual??

cyaford

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's a good question. The ad mentions one previous owner, so I have no idea how the dealer still has the MSO. Concerning the warranty, I always thought the warranty started the day the vehicle sold, regardless of whether it was titled or not. That's why I would think the car has no warranty. Then again, maybe it sold for the first time last year. :D

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The ad mentions one previous owner, so I have no idea how the dealer still has the MSO.

What if the previous owner was a dealer ?

So, then, there would be two owners of this vehicle; but, no requirement to title or register it.

Then again, used car dealers usually don't count themselves as owners when they sell used cars, even though they bought the car themselves.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Exactly. Has been listed plenty of times. The shocker is that it started at almost $80K asking and it has gone down little by little ever since. List it at $50K and be done with it. I also saw another Viper on one of the sale sites asking $80K. I think it was a new untitled 2004?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery