Aluminum Flywheel Sale

Daniel Cragin/DC Performance Inc

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We are having a sale on RPS Flywheels for current stock only. 10 Gen 1-2
and 8 Gen 3.

We have tried many aftermarket flywheels in the past and have found the RPS
to be the best product by far. Every flywheel is balanced, and the ring gear pinned and welded. The flywheels are rebuildable and use the RPS segmented friction surface system that reduces heat and warpage.

The RPS Gen 3 flywheel incorporates the same features, plus it uses the most accurate tone wheel of all those we have tried. No shimming the crank sensor.

While the supply lasts:

Gen 1-2 Flywheel list $545.95 Sale $430.00
Gen 3 list $599.95 Sale $465.00

We can also provide you with new flywheel bolts, stainless washers, driveshaft
bolts and straps.

THOR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What are the benefits and gains by going with a aluminum flywheel as such versus the stock flywheel in the Gen1?

What are the negatives to making such a switch on a street car?

Tomer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thor, main advantages is improved acceleration due to engine not having as much rotating weight to spin up. Main disadvantage is driving in stop and go traffic, you have to apply a little more throttle to take off. I have been told by folks who have the lighter flywheel that you get used to that in one day, and you will never stall the car again... You *might* stall it the very first time you drive with the lighter flywheel...

Arrow also told me the lighter flywheel puts less load on the main bearings, not sure how to quantify that, but it makes sense.

regards
Tomer
PS I ordered one along with my Arrow rebuild (from another supplier), but due to a snafu with the product, I missed my window and was not able to have it installed. Hence, I am running with the stocker.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960