Am I screwed? (dealer damage)

2tall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dropped the Viper off at the dealer last week. The girlfriend picked it up today because I was at work.

When she got to my place she (and I) noticed a huge chip in the paint on the door directly behind the mirror.

Since she picked it up, and since we didn't notice it until after it got home, am I screwed as far as getting a fixit from the dealer?

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I just dropped my GTS off today for Recall work. As usual, the dealer and I did a walk-around, so they received the car in perfect condition.

If my wife picked it up and did not notice an obvious new ding, my dealer would believe me. I am very fortunate that we have that kind of relationship.

Your results may vary, but WILL be based on your relationship w/ the dealer.

p.s. What does "behind the mirror" mean, anyway?

OP
OP

2tall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It has to do with Alice and mushrooms.
smile.gif

On the top piece of the door that's parallel to the ground...

glenn hofstetter

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If you have the kind of dealer I had you are stuck. I bought a new Viper at Valley Dodge in So Cal. When I picked the car up I CAREFULLY checked all 4 wheels for any damage. All 4 were perfect. The dealer took the car away to wash and fuel it, it was out of my sight about 30 minutes. When I got the car home (only 28 miles of freeway driving)the driver's side front wheel was badly damaged and the tire was slashed at the damage site. This is the kind of damage you can only get if the car had fallen off a jack. I called the dealer and they said the car was perfect when they gave it to me. I have to fix the damage myself. I think they switched the wheels after I inspected the car. DON'T BUY ANYTHING FROM VALLEY DODGE.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rot8te