An SRT for $59K

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
plenty with a salvage title or you can buy mine for 59k after you put down 15k pryor to writing the check for 59k plus shipping. lmk :2tu: i'll let you do the math.

Skip White

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No I don't think you could get one for $59 with a salvage title, unless it was put together poorly. Maybe a salvage title and high mileage, with general abuse.

In reality you may find some 03's for around $63 with 20-K or more miles on them.

Skip White

OP
OP
G

GraphiteGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The reason I ask is because I sold some property for 59 and am thinking of purchasing another car. I don't want to finance any of it.
Looks like I will be waiting for prices to drop.

beckertb

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It looks like you won't have to wait long. Several are in the low, low 60's, and this one on autotrader is listed at 59 and change.

CLICK HERE!

Good luck,

Ben

Kelly06

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I find these prices interesting, since Kelly book on the 03 is
79105.00 on a private party sale

72775.00 on a trade in

I guess Kelly may no longer be "the book" or people for various reasons really want to unload the car

womsterr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
KBB really isn't worth squat these days I find. Nada is better, but still not good. I go by Manheim's MMR records of recent auction sales...

VIPERTEX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the least expensive one in the Viper Classifieds at $64,900.00. I have had 2 e-mails requesting pictures...Thats it...Someone emailed me today and offered $62,000. I gave him my cell phone number...still waiting. I am ordering a new 05, so anyone interested email me @ [email protected]

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You won't have to wait long.. too bad the honda look alikes don't have honda resale values...

Craig - you're back!! I was worried as there was some imposter on here posting as you that said the looks of the SRT were actually growing on him (or her). Glad to see you are still whittling away... ;)

OP
OP
G

GraphiteGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey, I want a Honda look-a-like. I'm a little weary of the attention that the GTS gets. I wanna be left alone for a while.

ViperInBlack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Due to the specialty nature of the car, the demand for a competent service department, its high (list) price point, its not truly a daily driver by design, the release of multiple new vehicles for 2005, and the fact that many Americans are struggling with educational expenses, retirement funding, and often merely financial survival, softens the market, I do not feel this is a time to judge Viper inherent value. I maintain that we are a weird breed of auto buyer. We identify ourselves with a car that few even recognize.

This is likely a good time to acquire a few of them, but I never buy a guitar that I would not simply enjoy owning, and I would not buy a car just as an investment. I use XM Radios throughout the home and the office, but...I own Sirius stock. Investments and enjoyments are quite different.

Can you get a Viper for a painfully (to seller) low price. Likely so; I talked to many on E-bay that were desperate because of a divorce, impending birth or job loss. This does not reflect the "market", merely the financial times.
I believe in the car, and I believe in America, and everything can/should work out well.

Personally, I would like an `02 Final Edition ACR. Why? Because they are shiny. How cool would it be to go open the garage door and there be two Vipers sitting there. I would then swap SRT-10s at least once per year and my ACR would be mine forever.

Would I drive either of them? Likely not. I would drive my SUV and chew gum.

Alice

AG98RT10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I really think next year there will be lots of minty, sub-10K mile SRT's available for right at 60K. Some may dip down to 59K, especially if mileage is over 10K.
There have already been a few incredible deals on SRTs, including one mamba for low sixties, IIRC.

dirk989

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Craig:

What do you drive?

I know that you don't own a Viper, you claim to be a student, and you continuously attempt to insult other people.

Tell us about your fine ride. Obviously if you are attempting to insult cars driven by others on a forum devoted to that car, you must own and drive something far superior. I'll bet you drive a McClaren, right? Or maybe an Enzo? Wait let me guess...

Here is my guess about your life. Let me know if I'm close.

The Life of Craig.
Age 16
Lives in basement. Windows are covered with cardboard to seal the light.
Touches himself lovingly while looking at pictures of 1979 Pontiac Trans Am.
Has been employed at various fast-food establishments, but never more than 2 weeks in duration. Still has his McDonalds uniform.
Terrible acne problem causes him to shun daylight and public places.
Gazes longingly at the young girl who lives down the street.
Gazes longingly at the young boy who lives down the street.
Believes hockey is a real sport.
Believes professional wrestling is a real sport and likes the tights.
Has the largest collection of pokeman cards in canada.
Would give his left ******** for the chance to drive an srt-10.
Already gave his right one for advance tickets to see spiderman II.

Drives a 'bitchin' huffy bicycle. BUT - with his superpowers he can go realy, really fast.

Once french kissed his neighbors German Shepard. Hasn't worked up the courage to ask her out again.

That sounds pretty accurate to me.

DC

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is one here is south florida. 2003, silver, 7000 miles, $62,50.00. one owner, clean, and 7/70 extended.

Let me know if your interested.

Was not aware silver was a color choice in 03?????????????????

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really think next year there will be lots of minty, sub-10K mile SRT's available for right at 60K. Some may dip down to 59K, especially if mileage is over 10K.
There have already been a few incredible deals on SRTs, including one mamba for low sixties, IIRC.

I knew of quite a few myself. They are perfect for deals now especially with the winter coming.

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Craig:

What do you drive?

I know that you don't own a Viper, you claim to be a student, and you continuously attempt to insult other people.

Tell us about your fine ride. Obviously if you are attempting to insult cars driven by others on a forum devoted to that car, you must own and drive something far superior. I'll bet you drive a McClaren, right? Or maybe an Enzo? Wait let me guess...

Here is my guess about your life. Let me know if I'm close.

The Life of Craig.
Age 16
Lives in basement. Windows are covered with cardboard to seal the light.
Touches himself lovingly while looking at pictures of 1979 Pontiac Trans Am.
Has been employed at various fast-food establishments, but never more than 2 weeks in duration. Still has his McDonalds uniform.
Terrible acne problem causes him to shun daylight and public places.
Gazes longingly at the young girl who lives down the street.
Gazes longingly at the young boy who lives down the street.
Believes hockey is a real sport.
Believes professional wrestling is a real sport and likes the tights.
Has the largest collection of pokeman cards in canada.
Would give his left ******** for the chance to drive an srt-10.
Already gave his right one for advance tickets to see spiderman II.

Drives a 'bitchin' huffy bicycle. BUT - with his superpowers he can go realy, really fast.

Once french kissed his neighbors German Shepard. Hasn't worked up the courage to ask her out again.

That sounds pretty accurate to me.

DC

Knowing that I have pissed you off is reward enough! thanks for the laugh!

Chris from KC!

Still do like the car, but I still have to bust on it to piss off the people who can't take a joke. If anyone wants a left nut, they just have to toss me the keys for an afternoon, I am beyond desparate to drive a Viper.

BadVenm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GraphiteGTS,

Today I heard of a new SRT-10 offered for sale at $5,000.00 under (back of) invoice.

Keep your eye out, there are some deals out there if you look hard enough.

Been looking into the SRT market myself! Love them Yellow ones!

Finally got it !

Viper Owner
Reaction score
GraphiteGTS,

Today I heard of a new SRT-10 offered for sale at $5,000.00 under (back of) invoice.

Keep your eye out, there are some deals out there if you look hard enough.

Been looking into the SRT market myself! Love them Yellow ones!

Pardon my ignorance. What does that equate to in $$$??

SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quotes by Graphite GTS

Maybe I could buy cheaply then add a Honda badge?

It is incredible to me that a car like mine, that grossed over 80K new will only do a little over 50K now, with only 4K miles and two years old. My C5 did better than that.
Hey Graphite, since your GTS lost 30k in two years, put that C5 badge on your GTS and you'll be in the black!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpcc