And so Spring arrives in Kansas City... (pics)

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We start out yesterday with a Mopar car show at a rural Kansas dealership, 71º and sunny:

You must be registered for see images

Later that afternoon I stop by Michael's house to check out his updated splitter he built (along with his new Autoform side splitters - look for a separate post about it). Awesome!

Then we met up with a couple gentlemen who had seen a picture of our yellow beast at a local restaurant (yep, they have one hanging on the wall). Turns out that one gentleman is severely autistic with a single-minded devotion to one thing: Cars - with Vipers and Shelby Cobras being his passion. His other friend had asked the restaurant to contact me to see if I could possibly show him the car. Guessing he is about 40 years old and we soon learned that he had never seen a Viper in person. Showed him everything and he recited the stats on the car about as well as I could. Then took him for a ride (cleared it with his friend on the phone to make sure it wouldn't frighten him. Hell, the car still frightens me!). He had a ball and kept repeating how it was a dream come true. No pictures of that, but none necessary.

Got up bright and early and cleaned the car up a bit. Then met up with our Zone Rendezvous planning committee at a local pizza joint:

By the way, if you haven't made plans to join us in Kansas City June 24-26 for the Southwest Zone Rendezvous, you better do it quick: This will be THE Zone Rendezvous that people will be talking about for years to come. You will be shocked at what we have come up with, to say the very least.

Okay, so meeting done and time to hit the road:

Off we go to Louisburg, Kansas - home of the semi-famous Louisburg Cider Mill (as seen on Food Network, etc.). The temperature is an amazing 82º and the skies clear and sunny.

We then make our way back down a beautiful 4-lane private road (cough, cough) where we can clearly demonstrate that it is NOT necessary to use an actual vacuum on an SRT if you hit the right speeds with the top down. Just make sure you keep your feet on the floor mats or they will go too. ;)

Having gone our separate ways, we then cruise around town just to relax. Stopped off at the site of last year's Spring pictures and managed another decent one:

Hope you enjoyed, and be sure to ask me about our Zone Rendezvous. It's awesome!

Tipsy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Excellent, feel like I was there. I have definitely experienced the vacuum effect with the top down--it will **** the cup holder clean literally.

Casey 111

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Coo pictures. Thats great what you guys did for the man born autistic. Cant wait i get my viper and can join in on the fun :cool:

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great pictures but I am not certain about the vacuum effect. Maybe I just pass through that zone :)

Pictureman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Janni
From the rumors i've heard it will be like a VOI except there will be stuff for the whole family to do. I'm not sure how I will get around to taking pictures of all the happenings. I think i'll be getting a room at the Great Wolf Lodge so the kids can play there all day in the indoor and outdoor waterpark. They like it there since they can have their friends pay for a wrist band and join them for the water fun.
Tim

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can you please tell us more about your Zone Rendezvous??? ;)

Why Janni, I am so glad you asked! :D A few highlights of the upcoming Zone Rendezvous in Kansas City June 24-26:

<ul type="square"> [*]Hosted at the Kansas Speedway, a 1.5 mile tri-oval NASCAR track [*]Friday night at world famous Heartland Park drag strip - VIPERS ONLY for 4+ hours [*]Optional Friday Viper Night at the Ballpark - pro baseball game in luxury suites w/cocktails [*]Three autocross setups, including factory SRT-10's, SRT-4's, and owner Vipers [*]Group photo on the Speedway, individual shots in Victory Lane, and action photos on the track itself [*]Two hours DRIVING on the Speedway with your Viper and Big Brothers Big Sisters charity lunch [*]The Racing Experience NASCAR stock cars for riding AND driving on the Speedway - Viper Club EXCLUSIVE! [*]Limousines (Dodges painted in NASCAR colors) available for all attendees and guests [*]Everything including world-class shopping (Cabela's &amp; Nebraska Furniture Mart) right there [*] INDOOR guarded parking at Kansas Speedway infield garages Friday - Sunday [*]Main host hotel is ALL suites and has 40,000 square foot indoor waterpark - bring the family! [*]Viper vendors, goodie bags, memorabilia, and displays [*]Great food, entertainment, and a few surprises [*] And much, much more! [/list]
For more details, links, and pictures click here to read all about it! Whether you are in our Zone or not, we would love to see you here. And Janni, thanks for asking! :2tu:

DSR207

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper...Expensive :crazy:
Parking lot full of Vipers...Very expensive :shocked:
Severely autistic person dream come true....Priceless :cool: :2tu:

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow Chris, I am glad I asked.

That sounds like an AMAZING time - lots to do - something for everyone - action packed weekend, etc. Good job on the event guys - it is sure to be a sell out!

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is the official color of the wheels on your SRT?

HS - Thanks! The official color of these factory produced wheels is "Smokecoat" - whatever that is. It is like a very dark chrome and shines beautifully. Also does a masterful job of hiding brake dust. ;)

Thanks again for the comments.

Hockeysnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thinking of doing that to my Ram SRT wheels. The brake dust on that thing is horrible. BTW. Your car looks bad!!!!Love that combo.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang