10:30. The cruise will involve some of Northern Virginia's great
country roads and end with a nice highway drive to the restaurant and
raceway.

Brunch Info:

We will be eating at the Skyline Terrace restaurant that overlooks the
race track. As always, we will have dedicated, secured parking visible to
the Valet staff. Brunch cost is $21 + tip and includes unlimited soft
beverages. For ease of payment, please bring cash, as trying to split
across multiple credit cards is difficult for the staff of the restaurant.

**IMPORTANT**: We have to give the restaurant the number of people in our
party by Friday, and we will pay for that number of people as a minimum regardless of
how many show up. Please RSVP to me ([email protected]) by Friday at
noon if you will be coming and let me know if it will be you, you+1, etc.

The address to Ferrari of Washington:

* Ferrari of Washington
* 45235 Towlern Place
* Dulles, VA 20166

The address to Charlestown Races and Slots:

750 Hollywood Drive
Charles Town, WV 25414

Charles Town Races & Slots -The Skyline Terrace

Look forward to seeing everyone this weekend!

thaimonkee

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll be there, just me tho..... The wife and kid cant decide who gets to go with me, so they are going out elsewhere.

I need a 3 seater sports car. :smirk:

I say that all the time. My kids always argue who gets to ride with me. I wish they had a 3 or 4 seater sports car. Porsche doesnt count. LOL

SRT Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL...yeah, I'm all about being mellow. yeah.

Kelly,
I remember last year when we drove in a mellow fashon and the rest stopped for a picnic and we had to wait a long time at the bottom of the hill for everyone. Since we don't want to be left behind we are considering adding Motons, eibachs, Hoosier R-6s, a wing and splitter for the next mountain cruise. :drive:

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll try to make it out..but it's gonna be a late night here at work so we'll see how I feel when I get out of here..

OP
OP
K

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kelly,
I remember last year when we drove in a mellow fashon and the rest stopped for a picnic and we had to wait a long time at the bottom of the hill for everyone. Since we don't want to be left behind we are considering adding Motons, eibachs, Hoosier R-6s, a wing and splitter for the next mountain cruise. :drive:

LOL....very funny. Hey I'm only at 312 miles right now...just under 200 to go until I can play.

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not going to make it to FoW. Probably going to try to catch up with you guys down the road or just meet up in Charles Town.

OP
OP
K

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for coming out everyone!!! Aside from the police car, the elderly guy in the sedan, and the landscaping truck on rt 601, it was a fun drive. LOL

See y'all soon....next daytime event is the Solomon's Island Tiki Bar Run - 5/22

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, at least I got to FOW...

Sorry but it just wasn't worth the "emergency top" deploy that happened along the toll road... My 13yo. said: "There's some assembly required...." HAHAHA!... What could I say? Jeez, the boy does have a clue!! ... BTW, if you were at FOW,.. My Tee shirt said: ****, Squeeze, Bang, Blow....."The ultimate prime mover" (I suspect the internal combustion engine isn't foreign to most.. here), tasteless as it was..

I was hanging' with the cobra club on Sat... You guys think my gen 1 is basic??...... I may be jumping' ship soon... I just love those cobras and couldn't give a $hit about the extras..

Carry on..

OP
OP
K

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, at least I got to FOW...

Sorry but it just wasn't worth the "emergency top" deploy that happened along the toll road... My 13yo. said: "There's some assembly required...." HAHAHA!... What could I say? Jeez, the boy does have a clue!! ... BTW, if you were at FOW,.. My Tee shirt said: ****, Squeeze, Bang, Blow....."The ultimate prime mover" (I suspect the internal combustion engine isn't foreign to most.. here), tasteless as it was..

I was hanging' with the cobra club on Sat... You guys think my gen 1 is basic??...... I may be jumping' ship soon... I just love those cobras and couldn't give a $hit about the extras..

Carry on..

You missed out man. By the time we got on the road, we saw almost zero rain and had a great time.

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You missed out man. By the time we got on the road, we saw almost zero rain and had a great time.

So true!!

I ended up haulin' logs across my lawn the rest of the day.. buildin' a new fire wood pile for next winter..

Yeah, It sucked...!

haha

OP
OP
K

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So true!!

I ended up haulin' logs across my lawn the rest of the day.. buildin' a new fire wood pile for next winter..

Yeah, It sucked...!

haha

So let me make sure I understand this....we had a Sunday event (I know these are the only ones you can attend due to work), and you opted to go home and haul wood rather than drive your Viper? You don't need to trade your Viper for a Cobra, you need a chainsaw. :lmao::lmao::lmao:

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So let me make sure I understand this....we had a Sunday event (I know these are the only ones you can attend due to work), and you opted to go home and haul wood rather than drive your Viper? You don't need to trade your Viper for a Cobra, you need a chainsaw. :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Dude, you are correct. First off, the viper stays! I will add the cobra soon.. (I'm a very hands on mechanic and love the old stuff too..I'm seriously considering an FFR cobra build..) As for the weather,.. it was awsome today but humid and calling for storms all day... Furthermore, I worked until 03:45 Sun. morning and really wasn't up for more than a bit of hang time with you folks today.. but no love found... so off I went because I have stuff to do. You guys know the drill! I'm sure. We all have plenty to do on our days off!!

Call for a Sunday Drive amigo!! I'm up for a Sunday drive ANY TIME(even on Monday).... Just sayin' Jeez, My viper is old but I drive it often, for fun, the way it was ment to be driven......(take that as you may...)..:drive:

Enjoy...

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did anyone hit rain on the return trip? Hit two pockets of rain, nothing terrible, the first pocket was enough to have a few drops of water cascading over the windshield into the cockpit, second one just a bunch of droplets. The droplets dried as the reached the top of windshield.

Thanks for setting this up Kelly. Had a blast, even if I missed the cop, geezer and landscaping truck. Not going to FoW was probably a good thing for me. Looking at the Lambos is potentially hazardous to the little ones college funds and bank account.

OP
OP
K

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did anyone hit rain on the return trip? Hit two pockets of rain, nothing terrible, the first pocket was enough to have a few drops of water cascading over the windshield into the cockpit, second one just a bunch of droplets. The droplets dried as the reached the top of windshield.

Thanks for setting this up Kelly. Had a blast, even if I missed the cop, geezer and landscaping truck. Not going to FoW was probably a good thing for me. Looking at the Lambos is potentially hazardous to the little ones college funds and bank account.

I drove back down Rt 9 by myself and hit nothing but the slightest sprinkle for a few minutes. I did however get stuck behind a BMW most of the way down that drove the speed limit and not 1 MPH over. :mad:

Glad to set it up! Next time I think we'll do EPIC. Ken has been there and tells me that a) no reservations are required, and b) the buffet is better than Skyline Terrace.

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They don't melt, but ancient Viper legend has it that they WILL turn yellow.:crazy2::nono:

:rolaugh:

There will be many black Viper owners looking to drive their cars in the rain now. It reminds me of the Viper legend that if you remove a plug wire on cylinder number 9 on a yellow Viper, it will turn black and loose enough power to be in "normal" range.

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There will be many black Viper owners looking to drive their cars in the rain now. It reminds me of the Viper legend that if you remove a plug wire on cylinder number 9 on a yellow Viper, it will turn black and loose enough power to be in "normal" range.

That's only partially true...that is for the Black GTS's. Black SRT-10s are exempt:lmao: