Another Celebrity Viper For Sale

usaf0016

Enthusiast
Reaction score
uh, why dont i believe this? first, how could he fit in it?... maybe thats why such low miles, and second, why do all celebrities own gen 1's??

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"It appears that this vehicle has never been involved in a collision."
Well then thats good as gold to me....:omg:

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
uh, why dont i believe this? first, how could he fit in it?... maybe thats why such low miles, and second, why do all celebrities own gen 1's??

I've seen a Viper owned by Chris Farley for sale in Dupont Registry. I thought it was a w/b 96' RT/10, but its been a couple years. Farley died in 97', when he bought this Gen 1, Gen 2's may not have been out yet. Plus it has the pic of him in a black Gen 1. I think its legit

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
When Chris Farley died, I helped his brother appraise the car for the C.F. Estate to sell it. THis was back in 1997.....he indeed did own a Gen 1, it was black as I recall, might have been Green, but I recall BLACK. The car did sell, but it was slow to sell....

Celebrities wanted the FIRST-FASTEST and since the Viper came out in 1992-3, MANY celebrities were willing to bay 2-3 times the sticker to get one. Lots of Gen 1 went to celebs.
and atheletes. For most, it was and is just one of their image cars. Driven seldom.

Exception: Jay Leno. Jay knew he wanted the HP and TQ, and from his other cars he realized the chassis was overpowered. He could not WAIT to get his 1996 GTS, like most of us back then. (But he failed to return his voucher in time and even tried to buy mine! Instead, Ron Smith got him a voided-voucher early GTS.) He drives the GTS fairly regularly, despite having scores of cars to choose from, including the FIRST BLACK GEN ONE (93)

Last edited:

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whoa. How did that fat SOB ever fit in a Viper? I don't think the 4" long seat belt extender is useful for that. One jumbo tub of medicinal lube and a couple of 2 x 12's later, vroooom...

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i remember this car being for sale in the past. i also remember the car being a black Gen I.

is this car worth more because it was owned by Farley? i dont think so.

besides, i thought he lived in a van down by the river? :rolaugh:

Reaction score
I looked at this car (if it's the one owned by Farley) as well as another one owned by Bo Jackson back in '97. I was looking for a Black car. Farley's brother was asking about $10,000 more than it was worth because of who owned it....so was Bo's representative.

I ended up buying a better car at less money.......

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When Chris Farley died, I helped his brother appraise the car for the C.F. Estate to sell it. THis was back in 1997.....he indeed did own a Gen 1, it was black as I recall, might have been Green, but I recall BLACK. The car did sell, but it was slow to sell....

Celebrities wanted the FIRST-FASTEST and since the Viper came out in 1992-3, MANY celebrities were willing to bay 2-3 times the sticker to get one. Lots of Gen 1 went to celebs.
and atheletes. For most, it was and is just one of their image cars. Driven seldom.

Exception: Jay Leno. Jay knew he wanted the HP and TQ, and from his other cars he realized the chassis was overpowered. He could not WAIT to get his 1996 GTS, like most of us back then. (But he failed to return his voucher in time and even tried to buy mine! Instead, Ron Smith got him a voided-voucher early GTS.) He drives the GTS fairly regularly, despite having scores of cars to choose from, including the FIRST BLACK GEN ONE (93)

I'm surprised you don't see more Vipers in music videos and such. To me their much flashier than a MB.
And their American Muscle:headbang:

moeviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why wouldnt you own a RT10 they are freaking awesome, they are the coolest looking cars in the world. The muscular lines and rear end are phenomenal, the newer models look like cookie cutter vettes. Sorry, i dont really mean that but a little bit, that comment made me mad...

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why wouldnt you own a RT10 they are freaking awesome, they are the coolest looking cars in the world. The muscular lines and rear end are phenomenal, the newer models look like cookie cutter vettes. Sorry, i dont really mean that but a little bit, that comment made me mad...

I agree. About the SRT - Vette thing. But GTS's are the best looking Gen2 car, with red being the fastest. Striped ones even faster.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We've moved beyond consensus to a quorum.
I think.

Last edited by a moderator:

wigginz

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I agree. About the SRT - Vette thing. But GTS's are the best looking Gen2 car, with red being the fastest. Striped ones even faster.

Well said :headbang:

I see this black SRT/10 Coupe on the road pretty regularly and from the front I almost always mistake it for a Z06. Only from the front though, the rest of the car definitely follows the classic Viper lines. That guy really needs to wash it by the way, I think it's his daily driver.