Another Day in the Life (photos)

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had our local Viper Club meeting this past Tuesday night. Had a record turn out of cars (13), of which nine are in this shot:

You must be registered for see images

Hey, even NORMAN proved he had a driver's license and brought his car. Better be careful, or he could end up with over 1,000 miles in less than two years!
laugh.gif

So I decided to cut out a little early, having just gotten back from a long drive out West and needing a little shut eye. I dragged Frank and Ray out so that I could shoot a couple pictures of Frank's cool license plate bracket and chat with Ray about his incredible RT/10 hardtop hoist that he put together. We walked out and the cars had a SERIOUSLY large crowd. Probably 50 people were gathered around the Snakes. They crowded around us and begged to see an engine. I just happened to have one, so a few folks wandered over to take a peek:

I guess they thought it was pretty cool, as they started bowing down to it on their hands and knees:

In order to avoid some of the drool on the paint, I offered to let all comers sit in the car and see what they thought. Several young ladies from a traveling women's softball team decided they would kiss the car in various places to show their appreciation, however I only caught one on film:

One family lingered for quite a while and was entranced by the cars. They run a farm outside of town and are used to driving trucks. They had never seen anything like this up close. After determining that the wife was adept at handling a stick, I tossed her the keys to my car and suggested that she fire it up for her sons to hear. She was ecstatic!

What a GREAT car to drive and to own. I am always grateful for my good fortune.

Chris

NascarDave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those situations do humble you a bit, don't they.
Always nice to have a little reality check to keep
things in perspective.

I keep a couple Matchbox vipers in packages in my
glove box for the trips to the gas station and the
younger crowd.

Keep that camera rolling Chris,

Dave