Another fast Yeller Viper...ROE SC

RoadKing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well the holidays were extremely good to a (computer illiterate) buddy of mine. We took his 2001 RT/10 (speedy yellow) up to Austin to have Chris of Performance Motorsports put on SW's Roe SC, high flow cats and Belanger headers.

You must be registered for see images

Dyno - 523 RWHP

Sounds sweet and runs even sweeter.

Many thanks to SW and Chris. Talk about class acts and great people. Don't know why anyone in the South would go anywhere else. Next up...the new Roe tuner computer.

Hopefully will have some track runs in the next few weeks (if SW has the patience to teach him how to drive it!).

Snake Bitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by varanus:
Yeah ,I'm thinking you should be at 570 or so with the sc and headers. How was the a/f?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Looks awesome! 523 rwhp...? I too am wondering why "so slow"??? Perhaps you should have S/C'd a BLACK viper???

S

SUN RA KAT

Sean got 565 rear wheel horsepower with a similar combo of mods.

Probably the MSD Boost Retard Box killed off some of the power - Sean's GTS didn't need the MSD box.

VIPERCANE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That does seem low. I dynoed with the Roe Sc, TNT headers, Borla exhaust, and no cats = 568RWHP.

Just added the T&Ds and 70mmTBs and will be dynoing it this week for a hopeful 600+RWHP.

GASDOC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I haven't dynoed my viper yet since installing the Roe SC but I think the 2001-2002 cars are not making the same power as the older ones.I know mine isn't,it does not feel like a near 600 rwhp car.Anybody out there with an actual dyno graph of a 2001 or 2002 with the Roe SC please post it.

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What kind of dyno and are those corrected dyno numbers ?

GASDOC, One thing to consider is how smooth the power is. I was wanting to compare it to a 150 - 200 shot of nitrous. That is a VERY nice seat of the pants feel. Mine doesn't feel like a nitrous hit and doesn't feel near as good as my Formula but would give it a heck of a run from a roll. To sum it up don't worry until you dyno or make a pass at the strip.

George Murray

Enthusiast
Reaction score
RoadKing - does the RT/10 still have the stock HE pistons? I have heard it's necessary to switch to forged slugs for reliability...

Do you mind posting the "out the door" price of these mods?

I agree about SW. I bought my Venom 600 from him four years ago. Great guy.

George

S

SUN RA KAT

jimandela -

I'll dyno tune mine once I have the VEC2 installed and have verified all engine management issues have disappeared. I'm not going to run my Viper hard unless I'm satisfied there will be no problems running it up to 6000 RPM on a dyno run.

BTW - Sean says I can put my VEC1 on my Ram truck. My Ram has many mods and doesn't feel slow after driving my Viper. It is slow compared to my Viper, but it doesn't feel slow.

OP
OP
R

RoadKing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dyno Results:

Gents - hopefully you can tell more from the results above. My guess is the retard box has a lot to do with it. Should run better with the new programming (VEC2).

Snake Bitten - Black car?....hmmm....too many inherent problems...yellow even looks faster....
rofl.gif

S

SUN RA KAT

I had to adjust my MSD Boost Retard box from 1.5 using 94 octane to 1.67 using 93 octane. I noticed some power missing, but at least I kept the ping away. At least the VEC2 should be here in a few weeks.

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What kind of dyno....Dynojet ? Mustang ? Were those corrected numbers ? Was the a/f taken with a wideband 02, if so where was it taking the reading from. That looks way rich compared to normal Viper a/f. What was the retard set at?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte