Can anyone help with a ROE supercharger issue ?

kratedisease

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a Roe super charger on my 1997 GTS. The car ran awesome/perfect for almost 8 years with it installed 8 years ago. Then my battery died because I forgot to attach the battery tender over the winter. I replaced the battery and I started to have driveability issues right after I replaced the battery ( wierd since battery swap should be unrelated?). After the battery was replaced the car never ran well again. I unplugged the computer to reset the adaptives but no help. I just had the both O2 sensors replaced ( since they were original from 1997 and car has 22,000 miles) and it did not seem to help. I called Sean Roe and he is helpful but I am looking for other input. My next step is to have the car Dyno Tuned as recommended by Chuck Tator. I will do that next but I am wondering what could have possibly went wrong since the only event that caused this problem was a battery replacement/swap that was replaced by a new battery that tests fine. The car ran like a champ for eight years before the battery was changed.

The car runs OK but backfires quite a bit and also hesitates a lot on full throttle.

Any additional input would be appreciated, thanks

Also , My car was never dyno tuned after having the supercharger installed. I was told that it is recommeded to dyno tune a car after supercharger install. any thoughts ?

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First, I have no idea what's wrong. Second, did you reset the PCM with the WOT process....so it knows where the throttle is?

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
....sorry - where the throttle position is. Sorry if this insulted you, you said you disconnected it so it could reset and relearn the adaptives, but the throttle position part of the reconnect is indeed important and you didn't mention it.

OP
OP
K

kratedisease

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes. I did ( as far as I know correctly) the throttle position reset/learning where after reconnecting the computer I turn the ignition on with out starting the engine and press the gas pedal to the floor fully twice as instructed. Thank you for your time and help. Much appreciated

OP
OP
K

kratedisease

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The car is tuned by a VEC and the cards (?) . I am not mechanically knowledgeable so please understand my ignorance if I do not answer with knowledge. The programming ( not actual tuning) was done without the car since the cards came from ROE in Florida and the supercharger was installed by Tators in NY. I got the cards shipped along with the super charger and other parts when shipped from Florida. Also had high flow cats and headers and cat back exhaust installed at the same time.....

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The car is tuned by a VEC and the cards (?) . I am not mechanically knowledgeable so please understand my ignorance if I do not answer with knowledge. The programming ( not actual tuning) was done without the car since the cards came from ROE in Florida and the supercharger was installed by Tators in NY. I got the cards shipped along with the super charger and other parts when shipped from Florida. Also had high flow cats and headers and cat back exhaust installed at the same time.....

If Chuck did the install then he most likely used his nearby tuner/dyno to dyno tune with Sean Roe remotely. I'd give Chuck a call about it.

OP
OP
K

kratedisease

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks, but I already am scheduling for Chuck to do a dyno tune of my car within the next few weeks. No need to call Chuck as he is already on top of the problem and is fully aware of the issue. I just go my car back from him and he said it needs a dyno tune.

I guess i was just wondering if anyone might guess why the car would run bad simply as a result of a battery swap. It seem baffling to me as to why the car would loose its tuning simply as a result of a battery change/swap. But thank you for your help.

brentsGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
When does one need to do this said throttle reset? I had my battery disconnected for 2 months and just hooked it up and went. Everythings been fine? I've never heard of this, can someone explain this please?

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I asked about the VEC because it could have lost the tune when your battery died. You need to load the tune into the VEC again.

speedracervr4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When does one need to do this said throttle reset? I had my battery disconnected for 2 months and just hooked it up and went. Everythings been fine? I've never heard of this, can someone explain this please?

Throttle reset should be done when ever the batery has been disconnected. It allows the PCM to see the full range of the TPS. I've been told the PCM will figure out the range on its own. Cycling the throttle twice prior to start will help the PCM learn it faster.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte