Gen 2 PCM issues

Sean_02GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Recently inherited an 02 GTS, been running the car all summer with no issues other than a check engine light and ABS light that were on. OBD reader showed no codes other than the ABS codes. Issue is that I finally got some time to look into it and realized that there was a SCT tuner with the car. Logically I connected it and it started installing/uninstalling and in a panic I unplugged it. Hindsight probably not the best thing to do. I now have a car that will turn over all day but not start. The SCT tuner now gives an error code 11 (no auto detect). OBD reader will see the ABS codes still, but not the PCM. Looking through forums etc. I tried several things like disconnecting the battery, then disconnecting the 3 PCM plugs for 30 min. Didn't see any fuses blown. Everything seems to work, but car won't start. I assumed I interupted the copy/backup of the tune and corrupted the PCM by pulling the plug after about 10 seconds. The reasonable side of my brain says that there should be something that prevents this. Just seeing if there is anything else to check before sending the PCM out to be reprogrammed. If I missed a thread on this please point me to it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. (Also tried updating the software on the SCT tuner, but my computer doesn't even recognize it, and SCT doesn't support it any longer, looks like it connects with a printer cable)

Goggles Pizano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you call SCT and explain what happened can they lead you to what might have happened?

Or talk with one of the tuners that dealt/deal with SCT tuning.

Hopefully you didn't brick the PCM requiring JTAG to upload the firmware.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
PCM is dead. You would need to send it to us to see if we can recover it. Its 50/50 depending on when it lost connection. There is absolutely nothing you can do on your end, dont waste your time. We can also proper marry your SCT, which may be partially bricked mid-load as well.

We do also stock these controllers if you did end up needing one.

99RT10GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have an 02 PCM for sale. Hit me up if you need it. What mods do you have on the car that required a tuner?

OP
OP
Sean_02GTS

Sean_02GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well problem solved, Dan Lesser was spot on, the PCM got corrupted and he was able to reflash it back to stock, also was able to marry back up the Tuner all for a very reasonable price. Got it back today and took it for a good fall ride here in PA. Thanks Dan

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala