Another Jeep attack!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

IMSOSLO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I taught my 15 year old daughter to drive our jeep (standard tranny) this past weekend. Today she went out to the garage to get a CD from the Jeep, starts it up to get the cd to eject and her foot slips off the clutch. Did I mention that my viper was on jack stands just in front of it. Just got my freshly paint side sills home this morning and was goint to put them back on tonight. Well the viper is knocked off the jack stands and the left tail light and quarter panel are hosed as well as the bumper and trunk lit. Luckly I was away from home and she called me to tell me. Calmed down a lot by the time I got here and told her accidents happen and it is nothing money can't fix.

I guess the next lesson will be using the ACC function to run the radio.
smile.gif

Still not happy put much more calm than earlier today.

Ken

VENM8R

Viper Owner
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by IMSOSLO:
I taught my 15 year old daughter to drive our jeep (standard tranny) this past weekend. Today she went out to the garage to get a CD from the Jeep, starts it up to get the cd to eject and her foot slips off the clutch.I guess the next lesson will be using the ACC function to run the radio.
smile.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This could have all been avoided if she would have started the vehicle in NEUTRAL. Anyone who starts a vehicle with a manual tranny in gear is asking for an accident.

Too bad she and/or you? didn't know this.

NDW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
AKViper,

That is a little harsh to insinuate that Ken didn't know about starting in neutral. He did say it was his 15 year old daughter who is learning to drive. Cut Ken a little slack, he just had a devastating event. Anybody who has children knows that they sometimes think after they act (or type), just like us.

Ken, sorry to hear about the "mishap".

REDSLED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ken, sorry to hear about the mishap but does this mean no Viper Days at Willow Springs? Who will represent the Gen 1 cars?
smile.gif

-Jonathan

alexWS6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it was knocked off the jackstands, how did the underside of the car hold up? I;d be really afraid it landed the wrong way or on something. Well good luck with repair and make sure the daughter gets an Auto.
tongue.gif
j/k
laugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery