Another (sigh) new owner

OP
OP
D

datruodb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whoa. Lots of DFW guys here. I'll make sure to get registered. Where can I go to see the events that you guys have planned out?

pdub

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last edited:
OP
OP
D

datruodb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been to cars and coffee before when I had my srt Cherokee and my Porsche. I take it these trips are usually overnight?

Alabaster Mamba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some of our trips are over night and some are local events like our upcoming Wine Tour that will be held in Grapevine. We are meeting at Bass Pro Shops at 1115am on Saturday April, 20, 2012. I will be posting the complete information in a flyer and posting it in the North Central posting area on this website. If you can't make it to the event, come on out and meet everyone at Bass Pro Shop before we depart.

http://forums.viperclub.org/forums/223-Texas-North-Central

As for our events, our local website is http://www.northtexasviperclub.com/page.php?page_id=

Our events are listed on there as stated earlier. We also have a Yahoo group.
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/northtexasviperclub/

We post alot of our stuff on their as well. Join up so you can get in on the invites and impromptu events that will occasionally popup. We have some members that are serious track rats. They can teach you alot if you have any interests in taking your car to the track. If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask me or any of the North Texas Central members on here. We are a pretty close group that is pretty friendly and always willing to welcome a new member aboard.

Natrops

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Congrats on your new Viper! You'll love it! And definitely join your local VCA region, makes it all more fun.

Reaction score
Turn up to some events, and someone else can take the pics for you haha! Dallas is a wee bit away from me, around 2.5 to 3 hours, but I plan on making it to some events, the wine cruise being one since it falls on one of my days off. I'll be taking a camera, hint hint.

OP
OP
D

datruodb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh, I'll def show up to some events. Think I'll make to C&C next time too. I stole a pic the dealership had.
Pirate did you put new exhaust gaskets on when you put the stockers back on? I think there's an exhaust leak.
You must be registered for see images attach

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome! Sorry the weather sucked this weekend! I'm not sure if you saw or not, but the Wine cruise is 4/20, so we hope to see you there. To your other points, some of the previous posters pointed out tires. I have a G3 as well, and I still have run craps on there, they are the worst tires ever on a car. Your other point on "looking down and going 100" is a common, weird problem with the speedo on these cars :), you never know you're going triple digits until a cop pulls you over, which, BTW, we have several vetted ticket attornety's we can pass your way :)

If there is anything we can do for you let us know!
Greg

PirateViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My dealership reinstalled the exhaust.I would assume they did.I didn't notice an exhaust issue.Lewisville supposedly does a 125pt inspection as they advertise.Check with them if there was anything noticed.

becloudnine

Enthusiast
Reaction score
welcome to the club! i know how you feel, i really hope the weather this weekend is nice so i can take mine out too!

Viper Grenade

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Before you ditch the run crap remember:

Book of Viper 3:16

Amen, Amen i say to you; It is your Duty as a Viper owner to send the old rear tires off into the sunset as a giant cloud of smoke as a peace offering to the Performance Gods.

Amen.

CaptainDavid

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Um.... So I just traded my Porsche Cayman S for an 06 red convert Viper with 13K miles. It's all stock I got it for 50K. Had it for a few days now, and only used it for running around town. I must say it's quite a bit different than my mid-engine car. I have yet to really get into the throttle, but I can easily tell this car is VERY unforgiving. For some reason I can't find the sport or stability control button. (I kid) Just hope it's nice here in Dallas this weekend.

Thanks

Robert
The sport/stability button is in your right shoe!

sssikvipe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i recall my first drive off the car lot. I said to myself,what the hell did i get into, it felt so radical :)...Pretend your breaking in an untamed stallion...what i did was take it immediately to the highway, got way ahead of the pack of cars, then slowed down to first gear, and then just started going hard, then harder, then harder through the gears...kept repeating this til i felt like i was in control of the power and not intimidated. Enjoy, Vipers are awesome vehicles, but treat it with respect.

fastandloud

Enthusiast
Reaction score

becloudnine

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Frisco as well..Haven't caught another in 5 years and you're local!!

Yea you definitely dont see them too often at all! In frisco a few weeks ago i saw a white gen2 gts w/ blue stripes and was driving behind him for a bit in the ACR. looked like he had HREs but i may be wrong. Not sure if he's on this forum though.

pdub

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea you definitely dont see them too often at all! In frisco a few weeks ago i saw a white gen2 gts w/ blue stripes and was driving behind him for a bit in the ACR. looked like he had HREs but i may be wrong. Not sure if he's on this forum though.

With all of us being the Frisco area, we need to meet up sometime to grab a beer.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper