Any 6 foot 7 inch 285lb guys driving a Viper

VINCE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A buddy of mine is trying to get me to purchase a Viper. Can I fit with all the seat adjustments I have been reading about..?

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, more like 6´6" and 215 here. But with the 2" kit that is mentioned you may be OK.

Where are you located? You might want to find another ViperClub member who has the kit in their car and make sure you fit well enough.

Good luck!

OP
OP
V

VINCE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I live in the Tampa, Florida area. I would love to sit in one to see if I fit and afterwards the lucky Viper owner can go for a ride across the Howard Franklin with me for some testing and tuning..:)

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i know there are at leat two guys down there with vipers.....just gotta see if they let ya sit in it if they got the seat lowering kit

OP
OP
V

VINCE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Then I guess I fit. Now I need to save my dimes.. :)

98MODMTR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i know there are at leat two guys down there with vipers.....just gotta see if they let ya sit in it if they got the seat lowering kit

If your referring to Chuck, Eric,Gerald, Pete, John and/or Terry. I am pretty sure neither do.

OP
OP
V

VINCE

Enthusiast
Reaction score

If your referring to Chuck, Eric,Gerald, Pete, John and/or Terry. I am pretty sure neither do.

None of those guys are as tall as me.

CreteViperMan

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm 6'7" 225lbs and I have a 2" lowering kit in my car. I think a 1" kit would work, but since I race, I need the extra inch for the helmet. Try to sit in a modified car with the driver's door CLOSED. You will most likely need to keep the steering wheel tilted all the way up or one notch from the top as the wheel will pinch your knee between the wheel and door. Long drives may not be the most comfortable, as I need to stop every 100 miles or so to stretch. But like Fernando used to say on SNL "It is better to look good than to feel good." OH, BTW, I have a 2002 GTS. I know there is more leg room in the '03 and later.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
for me it seems my feet are too big.

its easier in my docksiders cause they kinda fold when ya point yer toes upwards.

OP
OP
V

VINCE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a size 15 shoe. Will that be a problem. Hell I have a hard time getting in and out of my vette, but that is because it is low.

CTViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm about the same weight but 6'2 I didn't fit in the old Vipers! My knee hit the steering column. I waited to buy a 2004 SRT/10 because it has more room. Get a 2003 or newer.

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a size 15 shoe. Will that be a problem. Hell I have a hard time getting in and out of my vette, but that is because it is low.
If Kenny (Sun Ra Kat) would chime in, I'm sure he can give you the low down. Christ, he's gotta be one of the biggest owners around. I can't remember exactly, but Bozo's feet had nothing on him! (size 16 or something?)

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have met about 100 people that would love to own a Viper, but have sat in a stock one and didn´t fit, so bought something else! Most of these guys are 6´7¨+, and have lots of dough.
DC needs to make a seat adjusting kit, advertise it as an option, so that all those that get disappointed know they have a chance to fit well, with a small change!

SSSSE YA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Kenny (Sun Ra Kat) would chime in, I'm sure he can give you the low down. Christ, he's gotta be one of the biggest owners around. I can't remember exactly, but Bozo's feet had nothing on him! (size 16 or something?)

I have a size 16 size to, it ***** I bought some racing shoes so I do not hit the gas and the brake at the same time.

OP
OP
V

VINCE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have met about 100 people that would love to own a Viper, but have sat in a stock one and didn´t fit, so bought something else! Most of these guys are 6´7¨+, and have lots of dough.
DC needs to make a seat adjusting kit, advertise it as an option, so that all those that get disappointed know they have a chance to fit well, with a small change!

I agree..