Any clutch pedal adjustment kits for SRT's?

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any clutch pedal adjustment kits for SRT\'s?

I had the Roe mod done on my GTS, and was wondering if there is anything to drop the clutch pedal level on the SRT's??

I called Roe and they said they might start engineering one this winter, but it's not guaranteed.

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Any clutch pedal adjustment kits for SRT\'s?

From what I understand they are adjustable besides from using the electrical switch. A friend told me there are cables with "U" brackets on the end that you can turn to raise and lower each pedal. I back hurts so much these days that if I get in there to have a look I might not get myself back out! let me know what you find.

Reaction score

When my clutch pedal adjustment rod fell apart on my way home from the dealer when the car was new, it was actually a good thing. It allows me to remove the threaded rod and move the adjuster tranny parts of the linkage so the clutch can be at a totally diff height than the other pedals. That way the gas pedal can be way out there for comfortable cruising and the clutch just right. The clutch lets out very high no reason to go to deep on it. I do have to stretch to get the starter switch to work on the clutch pedal but it's only when you start the car. All this means that you can take apart the linkages and set the three pedal where you want them, just be sure when you hit the adjuster button you don't go to the extent of the travel on one of the pedals. Take a few aspirin then get down there and look at it for a few mins it will all come to you. Then ask your wife to help you up.

Reaction score

I should have added something to help. There is one motor and three cables coming off of it with a threaded rod at the end of each. The little trans boxes on the end at each pedal unbolts to turn the rods. The rods are just like a speedo cable with a hex drive on the end of the rod in the tranns. Hope that it helps. Now if someone would just come up with a power seat mech. I just bought the whole seat mech from dodge. Only cost 61.00 dollars I am going to see what might adapt to it for a power mech and how much height would be lost.

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Great information! I may add, if you do not mind, that you can jump the clutch starter cutoff switch so you can start the car without having to push the clutch in. This is nice if you warm up the car first and do not want to squeeze in and out of the seat.

Flash1034

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Someone with more technical savvy than me needs to do a "how-to" on bypassing the clutch interlock switch. I think a lot of guys would like to do that mod.
:2tu:
Flash

Grunt

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Someone with more technical savvy than me needs to do a "how-to" on bypassing the clutch interlock switch. I think a lot of guys would like to do that mod.
:2tu:
Flash
:2tu: I agree

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

I would highly advise against doing the above. In the off chance that your car is in gear and you dont notice, or if someone goes to start your car and they dont notice, the starter IS strong enough to drag your car in 1st or reverse even with the emergency brake on, and push the car right into something else in a hurry. at least with the clutch in, the car running, and starter OFF- letting off the clutch in gear will stall it very quickly.

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I would highly advise against doing the above. In the off chance that your car is in gear and you don't notice, or if someone goes to start your car and they don't notice, the starter IS strong enough to drag your car in 1st or reverse even with the emergency brake on, and push the car right into something else in a hurry. at least with the clutch in, the car running, and starter OFF- letting off the clutch in gear will stall it very quickly.

I agree with Final GTS here. I bypassed mine because I have a back condition that makes it hard for me to get in and out of the viper. The car is in my shop with the roof down so I just reach in, making sure I left it in neutral, and hit the starter button so it can warm up. All you need to do is forget to leave the car in neutral one time and it is history. I have seen cars that started up and moved even though the emergency brake was engaged.

If you insist on doing this mod, call me, and I will run you through it.

Flash1034

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Racer Robbie, Please post instructions here on how to do the mod. I dont want to bother you at work over the phone and Im sure there are other guys here who would like to do the mod. Im assuming its a (simple) relay bypass. Also, speaking of bypassing relays, is there a mod which allows the fog lights to stay on with the high beams? :2tu:

Thanks for your time,

Flash

SweetRed04

Viper Owner
Reaction score

While I wouldn't bypass the clutch safety switch on my Viper, I've heard many guys being against having "Nanny Systems" on their and future Vipers.

This switch would seem to qualitfy as such a system.

I like not having "Nanny Systems" from the complexity and reliability standpoint only - this interlock is simply a switch so I don't begrudge having it!!

My '61 Corvette doesn't and didn't have one just for reference.......

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I would highly advise against doing the above. In the off chance that your car is in gear and you dont notice, or if someone goes to start your car and they dont notice, the starter IS strong enough to drag your car in 1st or reverse even with the emergency brake on, and push the car right into something else in a hurry. at least with the clutch in, the car running, and starter OFF- letting off the clutch in gear will stall it very quickly.

Another point of view.... since most (OK all) of the other vehicles I drive are automatics.... it is sort of nice to have this switch as a reminder to push the clutch in the first time after spending all week driving the truck, or mini-van, etc., etc..

The clutch interlock on my manual tranny's and the brake interlock on the automatics are included in the few "safety intrusions" I do not mind on my vehicles.

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Guys, There is nothing to it jumping the neutral safety switch. All you need to do is cut/remove the wires from the neutral safety switch which is connected to the clutch linkage under the dash and connect the wires together.

As far as the fog lights are concerned, yes it can be done but is is very complicated and involves cutting the wire from the high-low bean stalk that runs to the fog light relay and then running a jumper to the relay so it stays on whenever the fog light switch is activated. I would not recommend attempting this because if you screw up you will short out the wiring harness.