Any fix for Window Not Closing Properly?

MAVERICK

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I hear this is a common problem. About half the time I close the door the window does not close into the grove but goes onto the outside of the softop, leaving wind and rain to enter under the glass. Any easy fixes?

DSR207

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not sure about the 05, but the 04 windows drops down about half an inch when you open the door and goes back up when you close it...this ensures proper fit...

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it did drop 1/2" that would be great. I estimate mine drops 1/8". DC needs to issue a TSB to reflash the computer to drop the glass that much. That would absolutely fix the problem. My dealer wants to adjust the softtop....not gonna work. The glass will keep self-adjusting no matter where they set the top.

OP
OP
M

MAVERICK

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It does drop 1/2 inch, but the only way to insure it goes properly into the groove is to push with your hand on the outside of the window while the door closes. Great for when you are exiting the car, but doesn't help much if you are sitting inside the car. Thought of getting one of those suction cups and from the inside attaching it and pushing in... but there must be an easier fix.

Kai SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the same problem. So far, I haven't had the energy to go and fight with the dealer about fixing it.

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most of my friends know they have to push on the glass when closing the door. Sad, but last night as I dropped a buddy off at his house, without saying a word he reached for the passenger window switch and lowered the glass about an inch, got out and shut the door. Ugh.

quick2tr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most of my friends know they have to push on the glass when closing the door. Sad, but last night as I dropped a buddy off at his house, without saying a word he reached for the passenger window switch and lowered the glass about an inch, got out and shut the door. Ugh.

:D Funny!

I hardly notice it anymore. When someone gets out of the passenger side, I instinctively re-roll the passenger window down-up. When I get out, I slam the door (from the paint, not the window, less flex) with the EXACT velocity that DC must have tested this POS system with. Works about 8 outa 10 times now :2tu: .

TriGuy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the same problem with my 04. However, my passenger side window works like it is supposed to, and it's just the driver's side window that is the problem. This made it easier when I took it back to the dealer.

The Viper tech told me the spec's state the window is supposed to come down 2mm. (I may have that wrong - I know he said he called the factory - and I remember doing the math in my head and thinking it was less than 1/8 of an inch.) In any case, I agree with others - if they made it roll down 1/2 inch, everything would work fine.

For me, they ordered a new window motor. (Tech said you can't adjust how much the window rolls down - it's built into the motor.) They recently called and said the part is in - so as soon as I get the car back and have the motor installed, I'll see if that fixes things.

supratime

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got the motor replaced. It has worked perfect ever since. (knock on wood) I got it done at hartzien dodge in san jose

Cal

SRTLEN

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Great info, my 04 is also working on the passenger side and not the drivers.
At least I know what they did to fix yours. Will take mine in a couple months.

vipersrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
it works perfect for me, except when the door doesnt close all the way and you have to close the door again, then the glass is too high and smashes against the top, not good