any good tint shops (for GTS) in Philly area, NJ, or NYC area?

PaulH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i may be picking up a black GTS soon, and if so, my first mod will probably be an immediate tint.... i tried searching in vain; anyone know of any good tint shops that can do good work on a GTS, ideally in the philly or new jersey area (or in nyc area)??
thanks!!
paul.

Flash Gordon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm 30 miles west of NYC and used a high-end shop called Tropical Window Tinting located in Union, NJ. I can dig up the number if you want it. They did mine about a month ago. I believe they used Lumar(sp) film in charcoal on my B/W. Window tinting is all they do and they've been in business for over 10 years. Lifetime guarantee on tint. Tons of pics in their shop of Lambos, Ferraris, Vipers etc.... -Rob :cool:

OP
OP
P

PaulH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GTS930: thanks!! this sounds perfect.
no need to find the #... i did a search and found their website: www.tropictint.com

(i assume you're happy with their job... how long did it take them to do it, and how much did it run you?)

thanks again!

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Arizona window tinting, right over the Betsy Ross bridge. Maple Shade, NJ..

Flash Gordon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, they did a fine job. Frank is the owner there, I believe. Back hatch is one piece of film. A bit of work with a heat gun, but definitely the way to go. They have 5, 15, 20, 35 and 50% tints. I went w/15% all around and with my dark grey interior it's pretty dark. This could be good or bad depending upon your preference. Point is - factor your interior into your decision. I made an appointment and waited for the car. The entire job took 2 1/2 hours. They are also open on Saturdays. I paid $220 plus tax. A little pricey when compared to the average of $150 to $175 around here. But, I didn't want to go with the typical stereo shop that 1) doesn't do a lot of tinting 2) has a bunch of kids working there... :usa: :p

Almost forgot - Some have complained of the driver/passenger window tint scratching when rolling windows up and down. I used a tip I found here about spraying a coat of pledge on the inside of the window (on top of film) to help prevent scratching and aid in it's tracking. Do a search for tints and it should come up in one of the threads. So far so good for me!

PM me if you have any other questions. Regards, Rob. :2tu:

OP
OP
P

PaulH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks GTS930 and Taximan for your recommendations... both sound like great shops!

GTS930: I agree with paying a little more for a more experienced shop, that price sounds very reasonable! I did a search for "tint" but couldn't find mention of this tip!!! Sounds pretty self-explanatory, though... did you apply Pledge regularly (every drive?) or just right after the tint was applied?

thanks again all!
paul.

OP
OP
P

PaulH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
oh... i just found that tip:
i copied/pasted it here:

(courtesy of vette2viper)

Guys...try this to protect tinted side windows:

1. Spray a horizontal strip about 4" high across the side window (about in the middle) of Pledge furniture polish.

2. Use a folded, soft cotton towel and wipe the window back and forth, covering the entire window.

3. Rotate towel and continue until NO Pledge is visible.

The BENEFIT:

1. Little if any scratching from window useage.

2. May improve up/down action of windows.

3. Will prevent future hazing of tint.

4. Almost eliminates window "fogging".

5. Cuts way down on window dirt, finger prints, etc.

This is usually done just ONE time and of course, if it is a new tint job, make sure it is completely cured.

Good luck...and enjoy.

Flash Gordon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
oh... i just found that tip:
i copied/pasted it here:

(courtesy of vette2viper)

Guys...try this to protect tinted side windows:

1. Spray a horizontal strip about 4" high across the side window (about in the middle) of Pledge furniture polish.

2. Use a folded, soft cotton towel and wipe the window back and forth, covering the entire window.

3. Rotate towel and continue until NO Pledge is visible.

The BENEFIT:

1. Little if any scratching from window useage.

2. May improve up/down action of windows.

3. Will prevent future hazing of tint.

4. Almost eliminates window "fogging".

5. Cuts way down on window dirt, finger prints, etc.

This is usually done just ONE time and of course, if it is a new tint job, make sure it is completely cured.

Good luck...and enjoy.
[/quo

FYI - Regarding curing: Tint shop said not to open/close windows for 3 days. Once that time had passed, I used above tip...

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
they are close to my office. im gonna drive over there and see ifthey do any type of clear bra's too.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axial32