New 2000 Viper RT 10 Owner (use to have 1994 RT 10) - Detroit area

Paul Choukourian

VCA Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
I bought my first RT 10 in 1998 (it was a 1994) and had 5 great years with it. Always wanted another Viper and I found a 5,800 original mile, Roe Supercharged, Corsa Exhaust RT 10! It is awesome. Still has original tires so can barely hit the gas without sliding around, but will be getting new tires soon.

I have a few questions that hopefully someone can answer. 1.) Does anyone know or recommend a good dealership or mechanic to work on Vipers in the Detroit area? 2.) I think they took the hood off when they did all the mechanical upgrades because I cant get the hood to open up past 1/4 of the way. It looks to me like the hinge is not pivoting where it meets the frame. Any ideas? 3.) the hardtop headliner is sagging. It looks like it has clips on it and I can remove and replace it if I can find one or maybe remove it and tighten it up. Has anyone had this problem? If so, how did you fix?

Thank you,
Paul

Emmitt McGowan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought my first RT 10 in 1998 (it was a 1994) and had 5 great years with it. Always wanted another Viper and I found a 5,800 original mile, Roe Supercharged, Corsa Exhaust RT 10! It is awesome. Still has original tires so can barely hit the gas without sliding around, but will be getting new tires soon.

I have a few questions that hopefully someone can answer. 1.) Does anyone know or recommend a good dealership or mechanic to work on Vipers in the Detroit area? 2.) I think they took the hood off when they did all the mechanical upgrades because I cant get the hood to open up past 1/4 of the way. It looks to me like the hinge is not pivoting where it meets the frame. Any ideas? 3.) the hardtop headliner is sagging. It looks like it has clips on it and I can remove and replace it if I can find one or maybe remove it and tighten it up. Has anyone had this problem? If so, how did you fix?

Thank you,
Paul

Hello Paul - I am from the Detroit area as well and was wondering if you were able to locate a good place that works on Vipers. This forum recommends the dealership in Farmington. I am also a new owner.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456