Any ideas for protecting the bottom of the front fascia from scraping?

Nuck

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It looks like my car is going to have issues with the $hitty roads in my neighborhood and city. Potholes and frost heaves too frequent to always avoid. I am looking at the contact point with the lowest part of the front plastic and wondering about covering ground zero with something a little more resilient than just the yellow paint. It is practically invisible unless you are laying on the ground so there should be a few simple options. I can repaint the scraped area and go with some kind of opaque plastic(something like that Duraguard $hit Ford used to put on their rocker panels)or even go with some kind of a black rubbery undercoating sort of thing. The latter would be uglier, but again, very hard to see and it would be easy to touch up after any scraping epsisodes. Either way I am thinking of maybe a 2" wide strip at most. Anyone have any better ideas?

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You will have to lift the car, like any SUV.

2" is fine.

Although, I have to admit it will look odd.

:needpics:
:hitfan:

Reaction score
the roe kit says for 97 and newer, why wouldn't it work on my 94?

Because GEN I fascias do not have the lowest "lip". The bumpers will work with any GEN....but the long stip od metal reinforced edge guard will not...no edge.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang