Any one know what the heck this is???

aloushi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last edited:

eabrillon1978

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Doesn't that attach to the back of the radio bezel for the rear defroster or maybe that's a brown connector... sorry disregard...

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's one of the power window plugs or the defrost button plug. I'd guess defrost button or you would have noticed it sooner

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's the connection for the Mopar hi performance Viper 12-volt coffee maker. Dodge was trying to expand the Viper market. It didn't last though. Access to the connector was too cumbersome so the wine and cheese crowd just went back to setting the percolator on the console. Eventually Dodge added a cupholder and everyone's problems were solved. It is what saved the Viper from extinction - a cup holder.

OP
OP
A

aloushi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's one of the power window plugs or the defrost button plug. I'd guess defrost button or you would have noticed it sooner
definitely not the window plugs...since RT/10 doesn't use defroster that would explain it not being connected right?? BTW would the defroster harness have 6 wires??

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
definitely not the window plugs...since RT/10 doesn't use defroster that would explain it not being connected right?? BTW would the defroster harness have 6 wires??

Yes, that would make sense. Wasn't aware you had an RT.

Nitro187

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I noticed the same plug, when I was upgrading my radio... I assumed it was the defroster plug, even though I have an RT/10... doesn't mean they made the wiring harnesses for the car any different.

96GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Texas is bad enough. If I had to deploy to where it's 130 degrees and then live in Phoenix when I got home, I'd either move or get out of the military...and then move.

As far as the wiring harness, if the only difference between a GTS and RT/10 was a rear window defroster, I doubt they'd waste time developing 2 different ones for each car.

OP
OP
A

aloushi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeah wasn't sure cause it has 6 or 7 wires attached, seems a bit much for rear defroster, thougt 2 or 3 wires would cover defrost on/off but who knows...rear defroster it is!!!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala