Indianapolis area Viper maintenance...

Tombala

Enthusiast
Reaction score
New (to me) Viper owner here. Picked up this bad boy a couple of months ago. I am looking at trusty place to work on it for regular maintenance. It is definitely no longer stock, with 927WHP! I want a place that can work on this kind of a modified car in the Indianapolis area. Open to recommendations as I have never owned a car like this and don't want to experiment based on Google reviews. Need some maintenance done like oil change, suspension looked at (seems a bit bouncy to me), etc. Also need some crank issues looked at: it is very slow to turn as if the cables to the crank motor are undersized or the motor is just going out (maybe worn contacts?). Even though the crank is super slow, cold starts just fine after a couple of slow sounds. But then sometimes, after I drive and stop at a destination (like maybe a gas station 5-6 miles away) and the car is warmer, it will crank and crank but not turn. It will do this for several tries. Then somehow like something finally kicks in, and just when I'm about to give up, it turns and is fine.

Anyway, not looking to solve the problems here but if there are any Indy area shops anyone can recommend, I'd gladly take it.

Also, if you know of any Indy area regular car events I can join, that would also be great! This car needs to be enjoyed with other enthusiasts!

Goggles Pizano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your oil weight is probably different if work was done to engine.

Check battery first at local part stores. They can check the complete system on the car or just change battery.

What compression ratio is the engine?

Could be a crank sensor but not likely.

@Steve-Indy

Bill W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You should post your question on the RT/10 section. Steve Indy has a lot of background with Vipers