Any track rentals planned?

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm itching to get my car to the track, especially before the heat/humidity kicks in...anyone have any track rentals planned?

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had any contact with Summit Point? Last I was there was ten+ years ago and I had a 4banger MR2.. I understand they don't alow gen 1s anymore (no rollbar).. Too bad for me but they may make allowances if we can buy a day... ??

I was out there for some bike races two weeks ago when nobody wanted to go drivin'...

Good times

OP
OP
A

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I assume drag strip, been trying to set something up at 75/80.

John...that would be awesome!

I'm not sure its gonna fly at that event at Capitol. Our Verts need rollbars etc...from what I've heard, they only really let you slide on the track rentals:crazy2:

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Srt Vert guys are limited to 13.50 I think, I can put my hard top and run as low as 11.50 without needing a cage. Lines of communication were reopened as far as the track rental. I will keep everyone posted.

Technically, the club only has one event this weekend, but I like to keep everyone informed of all the options available.

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
+1 for SummitPoint.

Has the VCA ever done a trackday there?

V10 PWRD

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If we do plan a track day at Summitt Point and it's just us will they let an RT/10 run since we don't have a roll bar? Maybe someone could loan me a hard top that day if a Gen 1 with a hardtop shows up. Would love to run the course. Would also be in on a karting event at SP. I hear these are fast karts and not for the meek and mild. :nono:

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ultimately, we would have to pair up with another club to do a track rental. We do not have enough cars/members interested to warrant the expense. The main track is the only one worth running our cars on and it is booked far in advance. I am not sure they offer rain insurance either. So if it rains on the day you rent the track, you still have to pay.

These are the primary reasons we have never done a track rental. Ferrari of Washington has invited us to several of their track days, we only get 1 Viper at most to these events.